Is short hair a turn off for guys?

I recently went from having really long hair (mid back) to having a pixie cut. I read this article that said that short hair is a turn off for men and I was disturbed by this. I am a tall- ish girl, with red/ brown (kind of mahogany) hair and freckles. I was always a "cute" girl and when I broke up with my boyfriend a few months ago I decided to make a change. My haircut was the start of a much more confident me. Something that brings on such a positive change couldn't really take away any sexiness I have could it? I think if anything the boost of confidence should add to that. Is the short hair REALLY a turn off in general?

wow, this is a lovely confidence booster. Thanks guys, really. Really though, I think its kind of shallow to apply an acceptable hair length for girls. I donated it to locks of love, so it went to a good cause and I love it. Ladies, thank you :).

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I don't think so.

What Guys Said 6

• not really, guys have different preferences and different types of hair looks good on different faces. My personal preference is short but not so short that the girl looks like a 16 year old boy

• Shorter than this link would be a turn off.

• very short--usually yes

• I prefer long hair but that's just my preference.

• I prefer a girl with medium to long hair length. Sometimes I let my hair grow out shaggy and it's weird when it's longer than a girl.

• i personally have never found a girl with short hair attractive. But that's just me

What Girls Said 2

• Congratulations on the new hair cut! I've been there myself, and I have to say, a girl with a short bad ass hair cut like that can go far in styling and confidence, so to the point. Magazines are part of the media, meaning - that criticizing is a must have, I bet you there is a magazine in that same store where you found the one beforehand that says otherwise of sexy, beautiful ladies with short hair, especially when it comes to that modern 1920s pixie hair cut that looks fantastic on any type of girl. Plus, men and women alike have different tastes when it comes to hair, physicality, and personality. So have fun with it and forget about that old boyfriend of yours, and say hello to all those sexy fantastic men out there that are willing to take on the ride with you! Have fun!

• Short hair is amazing it doesn't matter what a guy thinks if he's into he will think you look gorgeous no matter what I went from hair mid back to up to my jaw it just shows your not afraid if change you can also style it so many ways and it's fast