How much money do you like to spend on clothes and why?

I always wonder about this when I go into one store and see a dress for like $40 (or less) and then another store is selling something very similar for way more (like up to $200).

Personally, I like bargains. It's fun to hunt for a good deal, and I like to switch up my style a lot.

Most Helpful Girl

• I also like bargains. :) I don't spend much money, and never wear expensive brand clothes.

What Guys Said 2

• I'm naturally frugal not just w. clothes, but with almost anything. The reason I'm like this is because I despise either wasting $$$ on something, or over-paying for something.

When it comes to clothes, I spend the most on jeans (Levi 560/559 ftw) & shoes (cauz you walk on them & the comfort/durability is worth the $$$). I will spend ~$50 for either of these

When it comes to T-shirts, I wear mainly solids that I can buy for <= $8 each (im p[icky about how the shirts fit so I always by the same brand).

I'll pay a good amount of $$$ for sports apparel, such as jerseys, team T-shirts, hats, etc. These products are well-made & are worth the $$$ imo.

With jewelry, I buy sterling silver jewelry because I feel the money (vs buying costume jewelry) will be worth it. Sterling silver jewelry literally lasts forever if it's well taken care of. I've spent $55, $50, $80, & $89 for each pendant. I've spent $96, $60 & $40 for each chain. Sounds like alot...but precious metal jewelry can last forever. :)

Overall...im frugal, but certain items I can see the value in going high-end. It's all about getting my $$$'s worth.

• I like to spend about 100 pounds (160 dollars, pretty much). But not on one garment, I mean I wanna come home with like 20 things for that much. Last time I bought clothes, I ordered a pair of boots, bought a new pair of skinnies, three tops, a pair of shorts, two new pairs of tights, and a new leather jacket. And the jacket cost 55 pounds, you know what I mean?

What Girls Said 9

• When I buy clothes I look for stuff that will last a very long time but with that said, I refuse to pay $70 or more for something that I can find somewhere for cheaper. My usual price range of stuff I buy is about $20-$50.

• I hate spending a lot of money, especially on clothes. I usually don't spend more than $25 on a single piece of clothing unless it's shoes (cause I wear them more often) or something I really like. But I don't get anything that's too cheap (material-wise, not price-wise, haha), I just get stuff on really good sales.

• I don't like to pay a lot for clothes. When I shop at the mall, I always check for sales first and I usually always shop the clearance section of more expensive stores. The clothes at Hollister and American Eagle are only worth $10-$15 to me, so if I really want something from there, I wait a few months until it goes on sale at that price. I also take hand-me-downs from friends and customize them, and if I really want something nice, I buy it off ebay.

• Ill spend more money on denim and on outerwear because it tends to last longer. I don't buy Abercrombie because they are overpriced for poorly made jeans. But, I will buy Levi's, Lucky's or Gap because they are made a bit better.

• Im a bargian shopper most the time, I like to splurge every now and then but id rather stretch my money and get more for less lol

• i only buy what I need.

• per shopping trip...$300-$400. because good clothes (from mall) = money money money!

• Depend on what it is.

Jeans normally around 30 to 50.

Shirts and blouses anywhere from 15 to 30ish.

and more with shoes.

• i've paid 200 for a dress, but that was from bloomies, so that's just the price