Is it normal for guys to call out ratings when girls walk by?

guys at my school do this all the time. in the mornings and right after school they hang out at the main entrance and shout out numbers as girls walk in and out. in the lunch room a girl can't get from the food counter to a table without having a bunch of numbers hurled at her from every direction. they'll even do this in between classes by standing at their lockers and rating the girls that walk down the hall. is this normal for high school?

Most Helpful Girl

• I can't believe they actually say the numbers out loud! Wow. So freakin' mean. My High School had 5,000 students (literally), and I have honestly never heard guys doing this (probably because they'd have 2,500 angry girls screaming at them). So no, I don't think it's normal behavior...most guys would have the common sense and class not to shout those things out.

Avoid these IMMATURE guys at all cost. They have no regard for anyone's feelings. I know that if I had a bunch of guys rating me, especially out loud, my self esteem would plummet and I'd probably change the route I took to get to places to avoid being judged.

What Guys Said 8

• unfortunately yes, because they're children with no filters, and have no problem hurting other people's feelings for their own amusement.

• I assume you mean they're calling out numbers 1-10 with 10 being perfect. All guys rate women in some way. Immature ones call the ratings out. When I am talking with a guy friend about a girl I'm dating that he's never seen, I might say if she's a 7, 8, 9 or whatever. But I would never say that so a woman could hear, especially the one it's about.

• ROFL! that's just stupid high school sh*t. if they still do that after high school then theyre just douche bags. all guys are stupid in high school. don't worry about it.

• i've seen dudes throw dimes at girls and say "you're a dime" when I was at high school so yeah it's normal but really stupid.

• no, they sound pretty immature.

• No that's not normal. Guys at your school seem like a bunch of douchebags.

• What did they rate you?

• well every guy is different, but I think I average out to an 8 or 9.

• care to explain?

• What is there to explain. I would rather rank girls.. 1st place, second.. Etc but it gets confusing so usually just make a top 5.

• i did it all the time and still do sometimes at college and the gym.. but not sure I'm normal jk

What Girls Said 7

• Sure, if they're jackasses.

• callin me a jackass? I just callem as I see em

• They sound like retards.

• well I would say no, but then again. I go to a county school that you have to get accepted for because it like a trade school almost, only high school. I'm with mostly guys for six hours a day though and they still don't do that.

so my answer, no.

if you want it to stop tell your guidance counselor, its actually considered bullying.

• Boys have interest in statistics, such as the score board and ratings. They like to valuate things in terms of numbers...

Fark, I sound like a nerd, don't I?

• never said it was a bad thing, but you technically asked

• I meant no insult, just jesting, is all.

• They don't do that at my school! Thank god- I'd get 0 every time! XD That must be so annoying- I sympathise =(

• Boys don't do that here. Lol

• I know a bunch of guys who do that. I like it though, gives me a confidence boost when I need it. :)