Should I start wearing makeup?

This question is only about age perception. I'm on the verge of turning 21, but I get mistaken for a 15 year old often, and it's annoying. I'm wondering if I should start wearing makeup to make myself look older.

I have pictures in my profile if that'll help. And girls, if you answer yes, could you give me some makeup advice? I don't really know how to apply it correctly.

Most Helpful Girl

• You have really nice skin and I think you're naturally pretty so I don't think you need to be wearing much at all. Maybe just wear a little tinted moisturiser or illuminating powder to make your skin look glowy and fresh. and wear some brown or black mascara which really makes a difference because it makes your eyes look bigger and more awake :) if you're going out then I would suggest wearing a little more, maybe a little brown eyeliner? if you don't really know how to apply makeup properly then look it up on youtube! there are heaps and heaps of great makeup tutorials on there!

What Guys Said 6

• I certainly don't think you need to... to tell the truth, I came across this question from you because I saw your little thumbnail picture on a more recent photo. And, well, admittedly, I wanted to see more...

You're quite beautiful, even in all the different styles and colors of hair. There's something really captivating about your eyes and smile, and I don't think that you need makeup to add anything to that... and doubt if it even could.

• I don't know a lot about make-up so I won't comment on that. But I can say you look fine without it on.

• You shouldn't do anything you don't want to do!

• Your not already?

• I have a little of that powder compact stuff to help control shiny spots, but that's all.

• Ohh. Well, you look real good as is, 15 or not =] If you want to, try it out, though.

• Do it if you want to but don't go overboard or feel you have to. You're beautiful, and natural beauty speaks a lot louder than cosmetic beauty. You will also change the image that people think you want to be considered as.

• no don't bother with it

What Girls Said 5

• I'm 22 and people think I'm 16 all the time whether I'm wearing make up or not. Everytime I go to a new bar the bouncers give me this, "Are you serious?" kind of look until they see my ID. Unless you paint your face (like wear so much make up that you look like a different person with it on) you're not going to look much older.

• Only if you feel like you need to, but you are pretty anyways. And if you do wear make up keep it simple like a little mascara and blush.

• you have great skin and I don't see dark circles I don't think you need it but if you want to look different every once in a while you can do a winged liner and wear mascara

I don't like it when girls hide their faces all the time by makeup its not pretty at all

and not to mention makeup is a pain in the ass if you wore it you have to check on it

• Its all about comfort try wearing makeup don't get expensive makeup if you are comfortable wearing it and you think it helps enhance your beauty then go for it but if you think it uncomfortable and doesn't help then there's no point in wasting your money.

• pfft, you don't need it! you have nice skin, don't ruin it with makeup. People wear it to cover blemishes and look younger lol. Don't worry about 'looking 15.' I get mistaken for a high school student all the time and I wear all kinds of makeup. It doesn't really make a difference lol.