Hot vs.cute- what's the difference?

so I've always been called hot/sexy and NEVER been called cute and I was just wondering why that might be? does this also have to do with the fact that guys are always trying to hook up with me but never want a relationship from me?

Most Helpful Girl

• cute is more about adorable features and behavior, sometimes associated with youth or naivete, but can simply be endearing habits and behavior. someone may find your obsessive behavior or rants endearing or the way you act in certain situations, etc. sometimes its in reference to being clever, and its often meaning attractive in an endearing manner. for some people, cuteness is the inspiration for sexual attraction, but usually its just what attracts you to the person and inspires affection, which leads to a want to be sexually intimate with the person for whom you have affection.

hot/sexy is about sexual attraction. it can include facial beauty, but there are people who are just okay in the face but have whatever a person may see as a sexy body, so they are hot. regardless, hot/sexy is about sexual attraction. it can also be about the way someone carries themselves, the way they speak, the way they act, etc. its usually the opposite way of acting cute, but doesn't always have to be blatant. there's a woman I know who is very sexy without trying. she's somewhere between wild and free and refined. she doesn't wear specifically tight clothes, but she wears off shoulder tops and sometimes doesn't wear a bra. stuff like that. the way she carries herself has an effortless flow about her and kind of suaveness. her voice is very sultry, etc. there's different ways to be both hot/sexy and cute. I think a lot of people just use hot and sexy in reference to the physical though, whereas many people use cute for personality,habits, and behavior.

cute can be physical too for some people. its kind of usually in reference to something childlike or compact, or similar to. that's with anything. we think tiny animals are cute. its a horrible comparison, but its the same for girls in some peoples minds. more petite and tiny, maybe with a very small, perky chest, and a tiny butt = cute body. reminiscent of youth basically.

people use these terms in different ways so its hard to pin it down based on actual definitions lol

What Guys Said 10

• HOT is HOT but cute is cute lol. I would go with a cute girl then hot. Hot girl is just looks, you feel like damn I would do this girl hard mh... hm.. Cute girl you feel warm and light and you thinking more then just one night stand, but again that's just me.

• i always feel like pulling their cheeks,get goody-goody with,not intimidated but still I kinda like her because she is so sweet and nice

tatz wht I would say cute girl is for me.

while HOT is the total opposite raw sexual girl

• Hi, I guess you know then because your question has the answer in it. Normally when I tell girl or differ it in my perspective Sexy/hot= I want to poke into you. Cute=Love-lets start lasting relationship.

• would dressing more conservatively help?

• not being cocky, just factual: I have a pretty hot body... so this means my face isn't as attractive?

so I'm never going to be relationship material...sweet.

• You can't judge your face based on your body. The guy does instantly. Your body not matter how sexy it is, does not overwrite your face beauty.

Girls with Face and Body are hard to find or always taken.

Girls with face usually don't have good body.

Girls with good body don't have good face.

• could be the way you dress and carry yourself, think about it: megan fox = hot, miley cyrus = cute, kim kardashian = hot, amanda bines = cute, lol get it?

• id say its way better guys calling you hot... and no, has nothing to do with relationships...

maybe a smarter guy would call you cute as well, but then again it could be just strategy.

• Since you're under 18, I say you're cute. Cute = innocence. Hot = naughty.

• yea women can to cute up too about 25 years old

• im seventeen, not twelve. haha

how do you be less "naughty" though? I want guys to want me for more than just sex.

• petertattsA minute agoits the way you dress you want to me glamouress with a little sexy mixed in but your posture needs to be more of a school child on there way to class :)

• I think cute is like a nice way of saying your not good looking but not bad either

• so hot is better...?

• it depends. I women say "OMG I just seen the cutes guy' in facted mean girl will never call a "ugly' guy cute.

• its the way you dress you want to me glamouress with a little sexy mixed in but your posture needs to be more of a school child on there way to class :)

• a girl old be cute and A women is hot.

• Two things I'll never be. I don't call myself an Ugly fat ass for nothing.

• lol I always get called cute its nothing wonderful I rather be hot

• nooo I think I just sent you a message saying you're cute. haha

What Girls Said 4

• Cute is like saying you're adorable. you're bubbly or tiny or sweet. it's more about personality than looks but they could also mean like baby faced or mean a petite girl they'd be "cute"

I think hot/sexy is more like a description of your body/physicality and just pretty to look at all around.

I do think some girls can be all three though.

• Cute is: link

While hot is: link

• Cute is more youthful, innocent, behavior AND/OR appearance. Some people act cute, some people look cute, some people look and act cute.

Hot/sexy means you have sex appeal.

Guys go for hot/sexy girls more so than "cute"

But the guys on this site love cute girls.

• Hot=Physical (body and how you present yourself)

Cute=The things you do and say

• cute can mean a lot. for example your cute,you don't like bras sprouts and you have a cute face too.young face.