Good looking = cute, ugly = creepy?

is this pretty much what separates guys for girls? good looking guys can approach anywhere and even if they are awkward as fuk its still cute right? ugly guys unless they have mad game are creepy correct?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think even good looking guys can be a little bit creepy, but I guess even if they mess up you'd sill give them a second chance because thier cute. But don't go thinking we'd never turn a cute guy down, if their creepy doesn't matter what they look like it's a no. For ugly/guys we don't find attractive I guess it does have to be a confident approach for for us to pay any attention. But I think I would still give a guy a chance, maybe we could come out as friends if their fun to talk to.

• "but I guess even if they mess up you'd sill give them a second chance because thier cute"

Thanks for giving a less-than-rosy, yet true response. Better look'n dudes definitely can get more "swings @ the plate"; below-average dudes usually get once chance. :-X

• Yeah but I also said personally about uglier guys :"But I think I would still give a guy a chance, maybe we could come out as friends if their fun to talk to". to me a guy is a guys as long as he's not completely repulsive (then it's a no from the start).

To regardless of what a guy looks like, if he has good fashion sense (vintage) I'll listen.

• *to me

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 10

• no, what makes a guy a creeper is his behavior not his looks. went out with my girls last night and this one dude would not leave us alone, he kept coming back to bother us like 6 times and then hovered around out table for a good while. when we got up and left he was waiting outside of the bar for us.

that is creepy and I seriously wanted to knock him out.

• ok, that is creepy, but how good looking was he? if he was like a 9/10 looks wise, would you have thought differently of him? not judging just wondering :)

• can't say. there's a ton of guys my friend look hot that I think look fug, like Robert Patterson. I didn't find him attractive, but maybe if he wasn't cross eyed I might have thought he was? I dunno, but for me its more about attitude. I have had cute guys try to kiss me after only knowing them for 15 min and I think that's creepy, so chances are my opinion wouldn't have changed.

• Frankly one or the other to me works perfectly frankly if the guy looks like a perverted creep yes of course I'm gonna step away but just ugly guy ill be fine because I just care about mostly personality

• If you're not somewhat good-looking, & you keep trying to get through to me, then yes.

There's a really stupid weird boy who likes me. & he keeps trying to get at me & I AM SO FREAKIN ANNOYED. I probably seem heartless, but hey...

• Not at all. Your jsut a creep if you stare and stare all the time with like big eyes, and make up weird conversations with us. A guy can be ugly but still be damn charming !

• Beauty is just so relative! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, that's all that works ;)

• not really, I just had a nerdy/not attractive looking guy come up to me yesterday and he talked to me a little bit, I didn't think it was creepy since he wasn't talking sexually or saying he likes me or something. but yes, good looking guys can say a compliment towards me or something and id be all happy and want to get to know him..but if he was ugly and like really coming onto me..id be bothered. but if he just said casual things or said I was pretty or something id be flattered. not creeped out. so un attractive guys just have to be a little more careful about what they say, they can't be as sexually aggressive. sorry

• hmm I wish we could have examples but id say that's about right to an extent, for me anyway

• a bit of too much generalizing there, but I guess that works

• hahaha quite true..

• Actually it's kind of true what you say. But beauty is relative what is cute to some could be not so cute to others. But good looking guys don't need to try so hard and they know that, and that works on girls too...

What Guys Said 10

• I think its kinda true, its harsh but that's life I guess. A good looking guy could approach a girl with a cheesey/sleazy chat-up line and some girls may see it as sleazy but flirty because he's handsome so its OK, give him another chance.

Same scenario with a short ugly guy and most girls will probably think he's a panty-sniffing pervert creep and be told to p*ss off.

Its really unfair but I guess people always say, would you really want a girl/guy so shallow to spend your life with? Shallow people will often have other poor personality traits.

This is speaking generally, of course I'm sure there are many girls and guys "ugly" or "beautiful" who look past astheetics, see if you're lucky enough to find one.

• Well...it really is as simple as physical attractiveness. Let me explain..

Quintessential Creepy Guy (ie Ugly):

In a girl's mind

-Eye contact = Creepy stare

-Talking to you = Creepy/weird/awkward attempt to seduce you

-Physical contact = An unwanted invasion of personal space

Quintessential Hot Guy (ie Handsome):

In the same girl's mind

-Eye contact = Displays confidence

-Talking to you = Again, confidence. Plus, handsome guys have much more leeway in this department so awkwardness may just be chalked up to shyness (or some other b.s.)

-Physical contact = OMG OMG OMG he likes meeeee!

Yes, this is a very rigid example, and yes, there are gonna be factors that influence different people, but the point is that ugly guys (creepy) will more often than not be readily labeled creepy in their advances while handsome guys won't.

• I saw an old Saturday Night Live sketch that was based on this; this short bald guy who worked in this office was joking and flirting with the girls and when he left they were all giving each other the gag sign and talking about how disgusted they were with him. Then this cute delivery guy comes in, says essentially the same things, and when he leaves they're all giggling and talking about how awesome he is...

• Sort of. Both guys and girls make subconscious judgments about personality based on looks. We tend to attribute positive traits to attractive people, like intelligence and humor, even when we haven't interacted with them. So, an ugly guy is forced to overcome a girls initial subconscious prejudices about his personality whereas an attractive guy just has to not change her mind. It's not absolute, but attractive people do have an advantage in perceptions of their personality.

• kinda true but got the main point the less attractive physically the more work it is

• not at all its just the better looking you are the less likely you are to come of creepy and of course the more attractive you are the less you have to work. like if she thinks you are like drop dead gorgeous than she will be instantly attracted and you won't have build attraction, that's like half the work

• It always means you = EWW. You are gross. You don't look normal. You need to crawl down a hole and die. You scarred their memories for all eternity. I would know. I get called that all the time. There is no other reason to call someone creepy other than the person being extremely fugly.

• true, but only a few girls will admit to this.

look at it this way. lets say an ugly guy and and good looking guy--both of whom are awkward as hell, don't talk much, and are just generally socially inept--approach a girl, how they are perceived are world's apart.

Good Looking Dude - Awkwardness and silence = mysterious, cute nervousness.

The ugly dude will get laughed at or, at the very least, ignored. Either way he ain't getting any.

but you probably already knew this...

• women do like good looking men better than "ugly" ones MOST OF THE TIME.

yet, I'm a handsome, good looking guy, and I find it extremely hard to initiate romance, and create an intimate relationship.

Some good looking guys have a very hard time too.

• I think you're exactly right. Girls may say that a good looking guy can still be a creep, but that's not the case. A good looking guy can always approach the girls and get them to talk. Girls will find out eventually if the guy is truly creepy, but there's no doubt that they'll always give preference to the good looking guys in the beginning. It's sad but it's the truth.

• Would you not give preference to a hot girl who approached you over an ugly one? Yeah, maybe after a while if you realized the hot one was really stupid and boring you wouldn't be interested, but to start off I'm sure you'd rather the hot girl approach you

• You're right. I would prefer the hot girl. But the question was about men so I answered in regards to men. I think it's also true though that if a woman approached a guy he would be much more accommodating irrespective of looks because frankly it doesn't happen very often and he'd be happy to have a girl approach him. Women get approached far more often than men and therefore seem to have developed the mentality to reject even half-way decent guys and to wait out for the really good looking guys

• yes that's correct. if you're ruch it won't matter if you're ugly tough