What Would Make a Man Date an Ugly Woman?

Serious question. If there is a guy who is decent looking, chill personality, athletic and a cool person, why would he date an ugly girl? This guy can get a better girl so what would make a guy like this date an unattractive girl?

And I already know how girlsaskguys is, so before anyone gets tempted to say it, please don't think I'm being mean. I am not trashing the woman in question but she is one of those women that is universally unattractive. I just don't understand it because I thought the number one thing guys noticed in a woman was her looks, so what would motivate a man to date a woman that doesn't look good?

Most Helpful Guy

• because he can't get a hot, good-looking women, it's all business basically, the supply of available single good-looking women is very low, and the demand for them by us guys is very high

What Guys Said 2

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You cannot find anyone who would be UNIVERSALLY unattractive. Just considered by most. :P

• Oh yes there are people who are universally unattractive! Kathy Bates? Precious (Gabourey Sidibe)? Rosie O'Donnell? Think of somebody like that and that's the kind of woman I'm talking about.

• Uh. Shitty taste, bad eyesight.

• A blind man?

What Girls Said 3

• I've had boyfriends who were out of my league in the looks department, but they were able to connect with me on an emotional and personal level. They told me I was smart, down to earth, and relatively drama free.

Perhaps the guy in question sees beyond his girlfriend's physical appearance and likes her as a person.

• Well, the thing is it isn't about someones appearance, I thought it was about if you like the person, if they are nice to you, if you are friends with them, if you joke with them and stuff. When did it become about how pretty someone is? Sometimes guys like girls who are funny, easy to talk to. You can be an EXTREMELY gorgeous person, but mean...

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What may look ugly to you might not look ugly to the next person. Have you ever thought that he might actually thing this girl is beautiful not only with looks but also personality.

• I'm not talking about a plain humdrum looking girl, I'm talking about someone that most people would agree isn't appealing looking. Also even if a girl does have a personality she's still not pretty. I thought men cared about beauty so now they dont?

• I don't think QA gets it.