How Important Are Looks To Men HONESTLY?

I can never get a straight answer. I just want the realness once and for all!

How much do guys really care about looks? I know every man will have his own opinion, but you could just speak for yourself or say generally if you think that most men think alike on this subject.

The reason I am so confused is that all my life I thought that pretty girls always win because I know how captivated men get over a beautiful woman. Don't lie, it's human nature and I've seen many examples of it happening. So naturally this would lead me to believe that looks are very very important to men.

But lately I've also noticed guys dating girls that are not pretty at all. And before you say "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" I am talking about girls that are overweight/obese, don't dress nice, don't do their hair and makeup cute but some of these girls are in good relationships. It can't be their looks that got em so it has to be something else.

I'm not trying to say that every man is a complete caveman and cares nothing about personality. I know that your personality is very important but I thought looks gets you in the door and personality is what keeps him. So how are girls who have no good looks getting men?!? Are these guys using them because they "try harder"? Are they insecure? What is going on here?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, looks DO count. Not as much as people seem to know...

It's more like a mathematical formula if you ask me.

It's like 25%looks+~75%personality=100%attraction

What Guys Said 3

• Looks are a bonus, and what we see as attractive initially. That being said, scratch the surface of, say, Britney Spears or Naomi Campbell and what do you find underneath?

I would say my own personal standards are quite low with looks - it's difficult to find a 10 who is willing to go out with a 4 - but I would still expect a girl to present herself well.

• Looks are 1/3 of what I look for, the other 2/3 is sense of humor and brains. Trust me just have a good combination of assets (looks or brains) and you should be just fine.

• Yes, looks are very important to me. I admit it. Actually at first that's all that matters to me cause I'm not looking for a long term relationship with anyone right now.

What Girls Said 1

• Here's some hope though:

For men: The range of acceptability in looks is wider and non-specific when it comes to women.

So you just have to look female, not terrible.

Only we women are terribly specific.