I don't take care of myself... is that what's keeping men from approaching me?

I am a very lazy person... I hardly wake up in the morning at 6:00am to go to college.. and honestly who would want to get dressed and wear makeup this early? I don't have a big collection of clothes usually I rotate the same clothes every two weeks and my wardrobe is not so fashionable or trendy... I do not do my hair (it's not curly but it's not straight either)... I don't put nail polish... and I rarely wear makeup...

Could this be the reason why I've been invisible to men my whole life?

Girls & Guys what are your opinions and advices?

Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• yeah it does make a difference one thing I always here my buddies say is they want a girl who takes care of herself. so if she goes to the gym or runs that is a big bonus. no make up is fine but honestly even a little can make a girl a lot more noticable. the clothes thing is not a big deal I know a lot of people who do that as the cost of university is so much. If you come in every day slobish guys will assume the worst, there is one girl who always wears a big sweater and sweatpants every day in class all the guys believe she is hung over from partying everynight. you don't have to change who you are but good chance is that's why guys don't give you much attention.

What Guys Said 3

• Do you want to only generally attract men? If so, why? You should have a particular type of man you're looking for, one you think you'll be compatible with and attracted to. If you want to be visible, just let yourself make eye contact with the guys you like. If they have cojones, they'll approach.

• eye contact? is that all what it takes? I'm not comfortable eye contacting people in general and especially guys...

• if you don't make eye contact is gonna be really hard for a guy to think you are interested

• It will definitely have an affect on whether men look at you or approach you. Some guys will say it makes no difference -- but let's face it the better you look the more attention you get.

• it's worse if you are a guy

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, this could be the main reason with the men not approaching. Most guys like a woman who take care of themselves which includes nice hairstyle, nice clothes, a great scented perfume and a little makeup, though most guys like the natural makeup if you have nice skin..never "over-do" the makeup if you wear some.

• As a girl who does this 90% of the time (I'm not a morning person, and I hate shopping for clothes!) I can say with confidence that yes, it is a big, big reason. On those rare days that I dress up for a job interview or just to feel more together I get a LOT more attention. Not only do guys like it when you look like you make an effort, it makes you more approachable.

Even if you don't get new clothes or put on makeup, try to be clean and neat. Especially your hands! People judge you by how well you take care of your hands. Keep them trimmed if you don't wear polish.

That said, I think college should be a get out of jail free card for looking nice. With class at 6am, I'm all for sweatpants, men be damned.