How do I deal with this worthless horrible feeling I get every time my boyfriend looks at other women?

I am incredibly self conscious and it feels like every time I start to be more confident and stop caring what other people think I run into him looking at other women online, or out in public. I know "boys will be boys" (which is such a bs saying) but is it so wrong to think that kind of thing is inappropriate in a relationship.

We have been together 3 years, we have a beautiful 10 month old baby boy and I have been through a lot. When I was 16 my dad committed suicide in our garage 10 feet from my bedroom, I had a kind of heart attack(SVT) had to have surgery and then I got pregnant and have had numerous health issues during and since. My boyfriend knows how much it hurts me that he does those things but he still does them... I don't know how to deal with it anymore.

What Guys Said 1

• you know that BS saying of Boys will be Boys? there is a hint of truth to that. you say that you've already been together for 3 years now and he's stayed even AFTER YOU HAD A KID. I'm not saying anything bad about the kid, I'm sure the little guys amazing but when guys hear they just got a girl pregnant and they have no feeling for the girl other than sex, they are GONE.

im sorry to hear about the father suicide issue, my father had the same thing happen too. grandfather hung himself when he was sixteen, but that really doesn't have anything to do with it when it boils down to it. you just need to trust him more. and in no way whatsoever am I trying to sound like an ass, but if you've been like this for the past three years, he must really love you a lot to put it aside and see the real you.

just... try to remember that he's there for you and worrying about him leaving only hurts you in the end. do it to much and it just might push him away, a little bit of jealousy is good cause it's always nice to know that someone would miss you, but too much can ruin everything. like soy sauce (if you'll excuse the incredibly silly comparison). there's an amount that's just right, but add too much, entire meal is shot >.<

as for what to do, just tell yourself that he's with you. not the other girls that you see on the street or anywhere else. that means that he sees something in you that he doesn't in every other girl in the world. and if that doesn't help, I don't know what will hun.

What Girls Said 1

• Just keep in mind, he is with YOU. He has chosen YOU. He may look at other women but he does not act upon but instead comes back to YOU.