Why do girls hold eye contact? What does it mean when a girl does this?

I put this is the flirting category but for all I know this may not even be flirting in the slightest.

Lately I have been noticing that girls have been looking/staring at me (don't know whether this is a good thing or bad thing) but they ALWAYS keep a straight face. Like on the train, or at uni or just when I'm at the mall I always see girl either looking or staring but they always keep a straight face. They don't smile but they don't give dirty looks either. They just hold eye contact and that's it. It's confusing to decide whether to approach them or not.

Most Helpful Girl

• when you walk by people or even just standing there you notice who's around you. doesn't mean we want you to approach. just people watching. stop overanalyzing

• So you would be comfortable with a guy who just kept staring at you?

• and the only reason I said something about approaching is because this has happened with quite a few attractive girls and I don't want to get the wrong impression.

What Girls Said 2

• I'd say they are just looking. I know if I pass someone and make eye contact, it's just because I was passing them and made eye contact with them(not purposely). If I thought a guy was attractive and I wanted to let him know that I would smile or something, but I wouldn't keep a straight face and just stare.

• Either you've captivated them with your extremely good looks, or they're just zoning out. It could go either way.

What Guys Said 0