Guy shaving his armpits?

Should guys do this? How often would I have to shave thwm? What are some advantages of doing that? Thanks :)

Most Helpful Girl

• yes if it's long enough to braid

What Girls Said 14

• Yes. This says a lot about a man.

A hairless armpit can be lethal, especially in fighting, making him aerodynamic!

• A lot of guys wax or trim their armpit hair, especially in the summer months, to maintain a certain look and/or for hygienic purposes. It's really up to you.

• I would actually be okay with this. Armpit hair is kind of gross. Stubble is fine, but if you've got a giant bush growing under there... yuck. And you'll smell so much nicer.

• I think it makes men look gay or like a girl - if he shaves it that is! A man is a man - I understand if you are a woman but seriously men shaving their armpits is a little bit ridiculous!

• well I hate it when the hair there is too long... it freaks me out...

but dt shave it completely either :P just get it to an acceptable length !

• I think it's weird if a guy shaves them. Trimming them is fine! But always leave at least like a inch of hair!

• omg I hate seeing guys with hairy armpits. Shave it!

• well if you do shave you will have to do it often and if you end up not liking it, it might take a little while to look normal again. so you may want to try trimming first and see how it works

• i prefer NO hair on any part of the male body. I don't know why. it depends on who your with. like one of my closest friends. thinks a hairt boy is super SEXY. I don't know... hahahaha!

• Nope, but when it get to the point where someone could braid it, then its to long and you might want take some of it off

• Yes, shave it. or at least trim it, you will sweat less and smell better. :]

• Don't shave.

Maybe its just my creepy fetish, but I like guys who have some armpit hair.

• I honestly don't care since it seems like a matter of comfort. If you're more comfortable with it, then don't but if you like the feeling of it not being there, then shave it! I don't think shaving it makes you more girlie despite what many girls think and I'm way more into rugged guys, so yeah!

• thats kinda weird to be honest

What Guys Said 4

• To answer your ? in chronological order:

- It depends on your personal style.

- I shave them 1-2x a week; definitely less than I do my face.

- You sweat less under your armpits, & deodorant is more effective; important to me since I sweat a lot lol.

• natural

• Its not a question of if they should - because even trimming is OK. But I don't see anything wrong in shaving. It is just so much less smellier. Trust me, you will notice that as soon as you start doing it. You can do it once every 3-4 days. If you leave a longer gap, you will start getting lazier and that time gap will just grow.

• MANY girls dislike armpit hair. It actually looks pretty damn stupid. So I personally don't shave but I do try to cut it off a bit using scissors, but it's not very effective.