Can bleaching hair damage your hair forever?

i bleach my hair platinum white but dyed it brown because of how damage my hair got. can it make your hair permanently weak , brittle , thin and make you to have less hair permanently?

Most Helpful Girl

• I do not think that it will depending on how long you've been doing this.There's a girl in my high school who has been bleaching her hair platinum blond for 3 yeara now. Her hair looks so dried out and frizzy, I'm surprised that she has some body to her hair, but it's probably the way she styles it. Anyways, back to you. It all depends on how long you've been bleaching and dying it. I can garuntee you that you have damaged it, but there are products out in the market that will help depending on how serious we're talking.

I suggest letting your hait naturally grow out, if you are not satisfy it then just take good care of the dyed hair by using certain hair products to keep it healthy. My goal is to get into hair for my future so I've been studying here an there. Hope I helped, good luck!

• Btw sorry if I have some mistakes in my words, I'm writting this from my iTouch.

What Guys Said 1

• Its not as bad as they make out, but yeah it can f*** your hair up a little. Just take some care of it and it'll sort itself out =] Maybe talk to your hairdresser.

Don't worry about it though, because having white hair is f***ing awesome. So I can guarantee it was worth it.

What Girls Said 7

• Let your natural hair grow back. Your hair may be thin and brittle for awhile but after a year or so it should be almost back to normal. but for now go to a stylist and ask for a Karatin Hair treatment. It should give it some shine and smooth your cuticles. But you will have to keep doing it until your hair gets back to normal. good luck girl. :)

• It can make your hair at that time quite brittle and damaged. However, if you don't overdo it, the new hair that grows in should be healthy. Or, at worst, healthier.

However, if you dye it incessantly, your follicles might quit on you. A friend of mine had to shave her head and start fresh after she died her hair constantly (and quite radically) for years.

• Well you can damage it for a bit,but through conditioning and taking care of your hair you an repair it.

• I'm sorry to hear that about your experienced. Just try to use some natural treatments for hair to repair damage.

• I'm old school about bleaching hair, so I've heard it's bad for you, the chemicals seep through the scalp, damaging the brain. I could be wrong. Other than that, I never bleached. Being a redhead since day one and kept it as such.

• your hair can`t be repaired so if it is damaged it can only stay as damaged as it is or it can get even more damaged but your hair grows so take care that your new hair doesn`t get damaged and in a few months or years your hair is healthy again...

• Yes. It's horrible for your hair and it stays like that for a long time. I'm not sure about forever, but I know it will be like having barbie hair for over two years for sure.