Guys why is it always a shocker when a beautiful woman is single?

Guys ask me all the time, how a beautiful woman like me can be single. The thing is I have no idea what to say. I just feel that everyone expects me to have someone that most of the nice guys get leery. I feel so judged. What is that about? And how do I answer that question?

Most Helpful Guy

• That does sound like a cliche chat-up line. It makes the woman like the guy because he said she was beautiful and then preys on her insecurities by making it seem abnormal that she is single (as though its wrong... which its not). Anyways you could answer the question by saying

i) You're waiting for "Mr. Right"

ii)Tell them that, although you get a lot of attention, its generally from the wrong kind of guys.

iii) Shallow guys who just want you for your looks are often arrogant, vain bastards themselves and the shy/nicer guys think you're outta their league. (probably phrased a little more ladylike)

Take your time to find the right guy, if you're desperate for a boyfriend, then give the guys who approach you a chance.

If you're not looking for a guy right now... then tell them you're not looking for a relationship right now. Simple!

And if you don't really care either way, then you can be more selective about who you agree to go on a date with!

• So how do I get the nice shy guy to approach? I have never been a person who likes the extra "I-am-here" kind of guy and I am just looking for a nice (hopefully not too shy) guy who I know will pay the attention to the details that really matters instead of just my outward appearance. Someone who doesn't really think he has to do grandiose things to please but the small simple things that matter.

• Another good way, is friends of friends. You can expect an honest opinion from your friends about their single male friends.

In either circumstance just make your self open, friendly and a bit flirty to whoever you're interested and you'll soon be able to tell if they are interested back. Most nice guys will do the "grandiose things" (because they like to spoil their girl), but they do the small things too & with time they'll stop overdoing things as they get more comfortable in the relationship

• Ok that's good to know. You gave me real insight

What Guys Said 5

• Jack is right, to a degree. Some guys play that line, but they're easy to spot; they'll do that with everyone they come across, no matter how beautiful they do or don't find the girl in question.

However, for many, it is genuine surprise. The reason is that generally, a beautiful woman has quite a number of men interested in her, so if she wanted a boyfriend, all she'd have to do is stand still for ten seconds and there'd be a line-up half-way around the block. It's also assumed that most women want to be with someone, so when a woman who could have most any guy she wants doesn't have anyone at all, many guys are surprised by it.

• That's the problem. I once was on a date and the waiter kept asking me if I needed anything without even addressing my date to which I said " WE don't need anything right now Thx" then when we left the restaurant some dummy outside the restaurant ask if he could walk me to the car. Omg I wasso embarassed. Then the guy says 'you get a lot attention' all I could do was try to play it off and say 'when it comes to someone I like, their attention is the only one that matters' never heard from hi

• sigh I guess I am destined to be single then because other people are going to scare of the nice guys and I am highly allergic to jerks.

• First off, just because a guy's nice or even shy, doesn't mean he's going to be intimidated by everyone out there. Some of us are just so happy to be with someone who makes our heart flutter that we don't care what every other guy thinks. Being a "nice" guy only means that we're not out to start sh*t; it doesn't mean that we won't respond to it if some other guy starts getting pushy. You'll find that guy, he may just take a little more effort to find, that's all.

• because beautiful, hot, gorgeous women can virtually get any guy they want

• Thats the oldest line in the book, they're not shocked, they're acting like they can't believe their luck, for your flattery.

• Well it's not a shocker. When a beautiful woman is single, it's good for me. :P

• tell them you have high standards :) and you don't think any guy is good for you.

What Girls Said 5

• theyre complimenting you or thinking there's must be something wrong with you to be single when your beautiful

• I would've answered them this way: "There's more to life than being romantically with someone."

• You should say "its God's will". If God wills you to stay alone all your life and you force yourself to be in a relationship you'll be miserable and unhappy(:

• because they feel beauty = popularity

• tell them the truth.

I was single until I was 24 and found my guy and married him.

I would tell guys who asked me that that was I picky. I would date them and then dump them and there were just too much I was looking for that they didn't have.

Tell them that you take marriage seriously and that you need the right guy to be serious with, otherwise you won't consider marriage or dating.

whatever it is, just let them know the truth. I'm sure you have a reason of some sort.

good luck

• u married your first boyfriend? I always wondered if that ever happened..like if someone only dated one person their whole life

• yes, it happens

• I guess that's how you do it. Lol Good job