Would you enter a relationship with a shorter guy if?

Not saying I'm short (this question has nothing to do with me), but from what I have read on this site, girls typically prefer taller men because they feel they can protect them better. Just curious, but if a shorter man demonstrated that he was skilled in some sort of fighting style and is an a*s-kicking machine who could destroy anyone, would you accept him as a boyfriend despite the lack in height? Kind of like this link

Again, this has nothing to do with me. I'm not whining or complaining if anyone is thinking that. I'm just curious.
I probably should have clarified, the guy's height would be between 5'5-5'7.

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh well yeah that's fine. If the guy were shorter than me by like 3 inches it'd bother me but the average height of women I the US is 5' 4.5" so I like anything above that. Haha if my boyfriend could do what's in the clip it'd probably make my life. Mostly because I would find it entertaining but I guess if someone tried to hurt me it would be helpful.

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah. I'm 5'4 so your definition of short is actually tall for me ha.

• I mean I wouldn't date a midget but my boyfriend is only about 5'6"(two inches taller than me) and I like it. Great linkk.

• i prefer taller guys but if my Mr. Right is shorter than me, I'll take him too

What Guys Said 1

• I don't know that it really has anything to do with actual prowess in combat. It's more like they just want to feel safe like they did when their daddy used to hold them. A feeling they get more intensely if the guy is taller. If it was really about fighting prowess then a shorter guy wouldn't have a problem as long as he wasn't also a bean pole. Height is a relatively minor advantage - or even a disadvantage - in a real hand-to-hand fight. There's a reason there aren't any tall lanky MMA fighters. Beyond that, real protection in the real world has little if anything to do with unarmed combat.