I have never been to a funeral?

i have never been to a funeral and I don't really know what to wear. I know I'm either wearing a black dress or gray pants and a dark top. I was wondering what a good color to paint my nails would be though. right now they are very bright, and I feel like they would look weird at a funeral. should I paint them a light color, like pink or silver? or would a brighter pink be okay?

i don't normally wear dark nailpolish, do you think a silvery white or light pink would be okay?

Most Helpful Girl

• Go with a dark red, if any color.

Wear a simple, non-revealing dress in a muted color. No patterns. You should probably wear hose, and heels that you would wear to work.

The dress doesn't necessarily need to be black, but black dresses are always a safe option.

link

link

link

What Guys Said 3

• bright oink is still kind of subdued & I wouldn't have been offeneded if a girl had worn it to my dad's funeral. Another clothing option I've seen girls do is dark pants or skirt & jacket with a white or lighter shell or top underneath. Tucking in or out looks good, it just depends on personal preference. Don't stress too much tho. My friend's son came in from out of town without dress clothes & had to come to my dad's funeral in shorts, but I was just so glad to see him I didn't care. I'm not saying don't dress up, but I'm sure whatever you decide to wear will be totally appropriate...

• I'm confused. They're already bright; shouldn't they be darker?

• Choose a darker/subtler color or remove the color altogether. This is not an event you want to draw attention to your nails.

• thanks, and that's why I asked

What Girls Said 3

• Personally I'd clean then up and leave them natural.

But if you want them painted, either black, or any darker colour - a deep dark burgundy or something like that.

• People still wear black to funerals?Thats so three years ago.:) Yeah just tone them down if you're that concerned.Although,i don't think it's a big deal at all.

• Just wear something classy, and not loud like I'm going to the clubs.