Do you judge people based upon their looks?

I just found out awhile ago why only some guys would talk to me at the new school I had to go to for 3 months. I had like no friends because people just judged and I felt so uncomfortable, I didn't talk much and just rode out those 3 months. It's been about a year since I had to go there, and I find out there was rumors that I'm a boyfriend stealer and a whore? Hahaha apparently I looked like a bitch, I just didn't get it... I had only kissed a guy once in my life while going there. It makes me mad that was why girls didn't want to talk to me? Have you ever judged someone by their looks and then kinda had to get to know them and they ended up being nothing like you thought they were? This always happens to me! Being judged, and judging sometimes

do guys assume every pretty girl is a whore?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have judged people based on looks, but not to the extent you're describing. That's just messed up. But seriously, would you even want to be friends with those girls? They sound really judgmental and addicted to drama and gossip, not my scene. I have a feeling they're jealous, and probably feel threatened. Anyway, I do judge people based on appearance, but normally I try to keep it from interfering with how I interact with them. Innocent until proven guilty and all that. What I think of a person is based mostly off of what they say and what they do. Those girls are quite shallow to be forming such a harsh opinion of you without even knowing who you are. I don't talk a lot in class either, and I'm sure people judge me for it, but I don't really care that much. I have a friend who's very pretty, and a lot of people assume she's stupid because of that, which is completely wrong. They act all surprised that she's taking calculus with me pfft, w/e. People will always judge, but some do it a lot more than others, so find people who don't make such daft assumptions about you. Sorry you're going through that, good luck.

What Guys Said 8

• No, MOST guys (smart & decent ones anyway) know better! I've never ostrasized someone over looks like that, but I remember seeing this GORGEOUS girl at my HS dance & EVERYONE was staring & trying to get with her. Well, she ended up with a friend of mine, & she turned out to be SOOOO stuck up, nasty & bitchy he barely made it through the first date before he couldn't take anymore! She assumed EVERY guy wanted her body, everyone OWED her, & all she wanted him to was give, give, give. Then I worked with a girl who wasn't classically pretty, and most guys at the store called her ugly & didn't even want to get to know her. I actually thought she was cute, gave her a chance & fell for her HARD! Before her emotional disturbance made it to where she couldn't trust anyone & she withdrew, she was so sweet, innocent & caring that all I wanted to do was be with her & make her happy...

• yes, and yes. but at least I'm honest about it, and why.

it's easy to judge. it's I you feel superior to people. when I know they're too pretty for I to have a chance, it's remarkably easy to file them under 'slut' and thus justify why they'd never give me a chance.

because I tell myself I'm "too good for them," of course. and at the same time I'm conscious that I'm deliberately judging them as such so I don't feel so bad about not being good enough for them. no, it doesn't make sense. inadequacy is a dangerous business.

isn't life odd sometimes?

• My god, you look like a bitch? But look all sweet and wonderful! I mean, your not, haw-haw. Well, you know what I mean. But I'm surprised that's the judgment people would draw. I'm sorry =[

People often think I'm a weirdass tranny. And they're usually, uh... Correct, in that assumption. Hahaha.

• people just thought I was a whore, I'm just like wtf!

• Thats really crazy. They must have serious problems down there.

• Some do, I guess. But out of bitterness, they certainly don't have the social sway as the people you've described seem to.

• Everybody judges people to a certain extent.

• Yes, I admit its happened a few times.

• @ update: If she's pretty and dresses in expensive clothing I think "high maintenance"

If she's pretty but dresses in really skanky or revealing clothing I think "attention seeker" or "slut"

• idk they were prob jealous. I find girls spread that type of rumor a lot

• You might be right

• Just goes to show you can't judge a book by it's cover. It sounds like these girls didn't want to get to know you. They may have felt threatened

• Everyone does to some extent wether they admit it or not.

• (Cliché warning) Initially to some extent. But you can't judge a book by its cover.

What Girls Said 1

• Uuumm... yeah! I've been jugded before. My BFF told me because of my size, I seemed like a bully when she first saw me,and I told her she reminded me of grechen from recess.lol. We always laugh at that! When people first see me, they think I'm either quiet or intimidating. I've judged people too, saying "oh, she looks mean" or "oh, he looks like he's a geek" but they turn out to be the complete opposite. That's the beauty of learning not to judge a book buy it's cover:)