Why girls like bad boys. Is it really true about girls?

I have heard a lot about why girls like bad boys, and one of them is that they like the idea of changing him, if so what's with that mentality or idea

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not so much wanting to change him as he is, personally I wanted to see if it were possible for him to feel something he's never felt. Now that he felt love before probably did, but that was the reason he became a "player"from what I've heard. I didn't want to change him as a person I wanted him to develop feelings because I really felt something real for him.

What Girls Said 10

• Yes, but only initially, because they're more noticeable, so when you're at a party and you meet all of these 'bad boys' and some 'good guys', naturally you remember the bad boys because they're usually more fun, more easy going, outgoing and they make an effort to ad least "present" themselves to every person there. While the good guys don't really try very much, they mostly just stay put and aren't so memorable the first time around.

..but once you get to know every person there, you realize that the less memorable guys have more depth - which is to be expected - hence making them more interesting in the long term.

• It's more that they want a bad boy who has a soft spot for only you. I guess it makes girls feel special.

• Honestly, I like an adventure. I don't like being in a rut, which a bad boy doesn't give. Although I never said I don't like shy guys. And the thing about "Changing him" isn't really my thing. Of course, this is just my opinion.

• well the don't care attitude and the style and the personality I really had a giant crush on billy idol with the bad boy look when I was 12

• I don't like thugs. I'm not so sure what's up with the girls who do.

• Mmm.. it can be.

• Because they're hot hot hot!

• i don't I like geeks nerds and the like

• it depends what you mean by bad boy...I don't like thugs or gangsters...

I guess the best way to describe the kinda "bad boy" I like is think back to the 50's when there were Greasers...those are the kinda guys I like...and boys with Bikes are hot!

• ok a guy like the mohawk guy form glee, puck I think, its well known in the school that he only uses girl( I get that his confidence is attractive, but this I am looking for other factors)

• the idea of changing him? No. I just love a guy with confidence

What Guys Said 2

• You have to clarify what a bad boy is. The real "bad boy" that girls are immediately drawn to are Spontaneous, unpredictable, rebellious, mysterious, and are ironically more sensitive then the shy nice guys. And so women try to get to that center because its a real chore to get to. Look at James Dean, he was the absolute most sensitive person like ever of that time ha. But people still saw him as a "rebel" or "bad boy" Those are the bad boys women drool over. Not like assholes or pricks or thugs.

• I think you may be right I've thought about the reasons a lot but i still consider it in general an unexplained phenomenon

• coz they are crazy ?!