Why do girls care about the way they look?

I mean seriously. Come on now.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, there are several reasons as to why girls care about the way they look, depending on the girl and her personallity. Let's take me for example; I am clearly aware that I'm not the most intruiging woman on the face of this Earth, but I am also not lacking in the looks department. I simply do myself up(and when I mean do myself up I mean makeup, hair,etc), because I like to. I don't feel bad for myself, and I most certaintly do not listen to what people have to say about them either. I like it, enough said. Also, some women find it as a habit, or daily rituial almost, like me! YES, some of us don't understand the words "too much makeup" and we cake it on, but that's their specific preference. Can't hate on what people like. Additionally, I can't agree 100% with what my fellow ladies have listed also. Women and men are SUPPOST to strive to feel beautiful inside and out, therefore they have the right to do as they please with their looks. Not to be diffuclt, but I honestly do not think all men go specifically for looks on a woman. It's almost like this: A man goes into a coffee shop to find a breathtaking woman sitting in a booth by herself having her preference of coffee. He automatically wants to speak to her because of how she looks. But wait..he knows her. It's his buddy's ex girl, and he knows from experience that she can be quite the b****. So does he speak to her EVEN though she is beautiful? No. That scenario proves my point that looks are nothing compared to the inside of a woman. I hope this bit of advice will help you in some way, shape or form. Good luck!

What Girls Said 15

• BUT, I can also see where this can be misleading. SOME, not all, but some girls can become OCD with their looks. Disecting their physical appearance and deciding they're not "pretty enough", or what have you. And then they become obsessed with doing terrible things to their bodies to reach "perfection". Like eating disorders, or getting major plastic surgery done when they don't need it at all. But the general population usually manages their appearance because it's a routine thing, and take into acount everyone has insecurities; we find ways to make ourselves feel comfortable with who we are.

• Its part of overall self respect. I care about myself, whether I'm by myself or in public,. I like who I am I like how my face expresses who I am. you have a relationship with yourself, longer than anyone else, so to care more about what other people think of u, than what you think of u, is pretty unhealthy imo, and very impractical.

And as I WILL be around myself , so often, why wouldn't I care overall.. its not just looks, its ethics, energy , intelligence, patience, understanding, open mindedness, ability to reason, critical thinking, problem solving, being calm under pressure, sense of humor, being able to take care of problems that arise, being fair , intelligent, rational & compassionate, and seeing that in my reflection, just makes sense to me.. I look at myself, & I feel confident knowing who I am looking at is me...

I don't think a person has to be obsessed about their looks, to care about themselves , but some healthy acknowledgement is a good thing imo.

• Because if we didn't we'd be walking around in baggy sweetpants, shiney uncleaned faces, frazzled hair, no form fitting clothes that guys oh so love... My comfort looks get me bad comments from guys. We care because we constantly hear guys judging us on our prettiness, boob size, weight, skin, ass, ect. As if you guys don't care...?

• I'd still be like *damn look at that hawt mamma* if I saw you wearing baggy sweatpants and a lose shirt with no makeup on.

• "you" as in ME, or the general plethera of females? And my point was it's not just clothes and make up. We gotta exercise, eat right, bathe, SHAVE (I HATE shaving, but I do it anyway because I care), brush our teeth, and cleanse our pores. Some people are naturally hairless and blemish free, but many aren't, so we have to take care of ourselves.

• Well, some girls spend hours on their appearance..that is over the top. Sometimes, caring about our own appearances can make us feel good about ourselves? I know some guys totally do it too. But in a way, I think a lot of us to care what we look like. Of course we brush our hair and clean ourselves and dress in half decent clothes, it's natural.

• because guys go for the good looking ones so yeah just like guys why do they care how they look its because they want to get a girl to notice them

• I care about how I look because I care about myself...AND aesthetics are important when it comes down to self presentation for things like getting a job and a significant other.Its the way things work.

• A- men are shallow and if you don't have a single thing made up or done, you're not even noticed. and B- it makes us feel goof about ourselves. but mostly reason A.

• Guys want pretty girls. The world isn't kind to the ugly.

• we care because we want you boys to notice us and it kills us when people insult us over the way we look. most of us it doesn't really matter, like I just throw on whatever in the morning, but it is nice to be called pretty.

• You're right, girls are the odd ones. No guy on here whines about the importance of their height, muscle definition or hair.

• BECAUSE MEN ARE PATHETIC AND SHALLOW!

• Guys only notice or go for good looking girls,girls would be single if they didn't care

• BC OF SOCIETY! "image is everything"

whether its to get a job or meet someone, people judge on image before anything.

• because you care

• BEST ANSWER >HERE< =)

• not really I care whether I'm by myself or in public,. I like who I am I like how my face expresses who I am. you have a relationship with yourself, longer than anyone else, so to care more about what other people think of u, than what you think of u, is pretty unhealthy imo, and very impractical.

• Because guys go for the good looking girls and if you don't make any effort you won't find anyone... Girls are vain because guys are vain.

What Guys Said 6

• Don't YOU care how you look? I'm not a girl but I want to look my best so that I will have more chances to date/ make my current girlfriend happier and overall be more self confident because people tend to like prettier people more - it's just human nature. Also, it's theraputic to spend time doing things to improve yourself whether or not that is looks wise of otherwise.

• they know that guys respond to visuals more, so they doll up to exploit that.

• Because we care about the way they look. Lol this is an obvious answer

• Because girls are self-concious the way they look, especially in this society

• They just want to impress you, clearly

• Everyone cares how they look, or they probably just fail.