Guys, what do you consider a beautiful weight?

I am 150 lbs, and happy with myself. However, I am sick of being judged by my weight. Do you think that these people are just jerks or do most guys only want super skinny girls?

ps I'm 5'6

somewhat muscular

Most Helpful Guy

• if your happy with yourself then your OK; I've dated girls who were over weight; I don't care how overweight girls look, but what I do look at is there face; they must be pretty in order to grab my attention/ I do like overweight girls, but girls who are overweight must know that skinny girls are always going to look more attractive; see it like this; a new car vs. a custom car, you know the custom car is going to look nicer; doesn't matter how new the other car is. what I'm trying to say is that image counts for most people/ you might say you look good; doesn't matter how much you weight, but it doesn't hurt to work out once in awhile; don't be lazy if that's the thing, and I'm not trying to be mean, but you could always look better; I use to be fat ha; I use to weight 215lbs and in 6 months of going to the gym; I lost 42lbs and many said I looked better, and not only that; I'm actually seeing that image counts for some girls too; so I encourage you to lose some weight; you might look good, but you could look great; you don't need to do it for the guys, but for your health

What Guys Said 17

• Being comfortable with you are, right there, is a super attractive quality, so keep that in mind when you are being judged by others. Yes, those people are mostly jerks, as 150lbs isn't very heavy (although I do not know your height which would obviously play into effect). Although there is some truth in wanting a fit girl. Someone who is fit shows they care about their health and themselves, which is also an attractive quality. It shouldn't be taken to extremes though, and like I previously stated, what matter is that you are comfortable with yourself.

• It totally depends on so many things. It depends on your height, how much of the weight is fat and muscle, where your fat tends to gather most on your body, what style you go for because different styles look good with different weights, the shape of your body, i.e waist, face shape, shoulder breadth, etc.

As a general rule, being 'fat' is easier to get away with if you are a very happy but calm sort of person, and the worst part of it is if your arms are flabby. Overall skinner is better but not until you are skeletal or something horrible like that.

150lbs doesn't sound too bad at all, but it depends on all the stuff I said. If you're happy with yourself and it's not causing you a gigantic dating problem then stay as you are but make sure you are healthy. :)

• First off, saying you're 150 isn't saying anything. 5'0 and 150: I probably wouldn't find you physically attractive. 5'10 and 150 and you're probably skinny.

How come it's either they want you or they only want "super skinny" girls? You're not being very objective by only acknowledging your body type and one you consider to be extreme. I like a girl who is in shape. I don't see it as excessively shallow, as physical attraction is an important aspect in a relationship.

• You said it, you are happy with yourself. Don't take it for granted. For a lot of people, they put hours and hours into the gym and starve themselves only to realize they never find happiness when they look in the mirror.

I watched this show called "I Used to be Fat" and it featured this girl who was pretty cute at around 160ish. She wasn't healthy by any means, but she looked good based on her own merits. As she lost the weight, she started to look less and less attractive. Her skinny face looked dis-proportioned.

So with that said, if you're happy with yourself then f*** what others think.

• Hmm...wondering why you got three upvotes. Your argument is you shouldn't care about what others think about you, then you go on to say how YOU THINK this other girl looked better chubby.

If the OP were truly happy with her weight I would think other peoples comments wouldn't phase her and she wouldn't be looking for affirmation here.

Also, aside from people with mental disorders I don't think there are many people who commit to a gym and don't feel better about themselves in the mirror.

• judging you by your weight makes them pretty douchey. if you're happy then that's all that matters.

• I want a girl with a normal BMI. I want a girl with a pretty face, is that too much to ask, or do I have to swallow the political correctness cool aid and date a girl solely on personality and ignore physical attraction completely?

• to be honest with you no bullsh*t..whatever you are comfortable with is fine with me honestly because your happiness is my happiness because I'm fit to the core it would be nice to be able to keep up with me but I wouldn't want you uncomfortable but I pretty sure most girls are comfortable with alittle meaty with a small waist your ideal 145 to 150 short not tall.lol

• I would say; about 130, but its ok; you said a perfect weight; I'm thinking your OK. one thing I could say is that if your gunna work on losing weight; work on your legs; trust me, guys like that... I'm not a jerk by saying this, but; who doesn't wanna look better? If you feel OK just the way you are well, fine, good, but I gunna say most guys go base on image, yes, most would be jerks, but I'm pretty sure you would fine some one who is not... me and the other hand, I would be one of those who would not care about your weight, just your heart.

• Mmmmmm those digits arranged in that order look very attractive.

• If your happy and confident with yourself than anything is fine. A womans weight doesn't matter to me, being confident with yourself and your body is much more attractive than anything else.

• i want in between, I don't like the idea of being with a fat girl or even being fat, it doesn't mean you have to be super skinny, it just means you have to be slim enough, you can have a little fat on your stomach just not be super fat, my sister weighs more than me and she doesn't look fat at all and she's 5ft 6inches, I weigh 141lbs

• You want to get the ideal weight? Calculate your BMI and you will get your answer. link

PS: You should aim for a BMI score of 22.5

• It's not about your weight. It's about how your figure looks. I've seen girls who say they are around that weight, but look GREAT. Don't worry about a stupid number.

• i really don't mine if I like you I like u

my ex have small boobs

the girl I'm liking now barely have butt

but when we talk and hang out I find them to be very cute and fun

• I want a slim girl, that I'm attracted to?

• My preference is 5'4" 130-160 so depending on your height you're probably good.

• i'm not sure how much 150 lbs is, especially since you're not giving a height. either way no I don't really like girls who are so skinny that they look unhealthy, I don't like fat unhealthy girls either. I like girls that look healthy/normal for their build.

What Girls Said 6

• Hun, there is no set weight for beautiful. And in my experience dudes don't dig skeletons :P I'm 5'9 and my weight fluctuates between 130 and 150 very quickly X3 I love my body regardless and why on earth should others' opinions on my body matter more then my own? But there is nothing wrong with what 'type' you go for, it's all just personal preferance. They're only a jerk if they are rude, if that makes any sort of sense.

• Honestly the number on the scale isn't saying much with out knowing the height and body shape. A guy is not going to know how much you weigh when you first walk through your path and probably for a long time after. Sometimes a 150 lb girl is huge! and sometimes it can mean she's really skinny

• Ignore it all. If your healthy and happy, that's all that matters girl!

And you're not big either, you have nothing to worry about!

• They want healthy, toned, in shape girls. Being "happy" with your weight doesn't mean you look good or that you're healthy. It's amazing how girls see everything black and white, you can either be overweight or super skinny, there IS an in between

• Well I personally know that different weights will always appear differently on different people. so 150 on you may look one way but on someone 4 inches taller could weigh the same and look amazing. It all depends on the person.

• I'm 5'5 and 170. Apparently I'm ugly and fat and no one likes me. Guys seem to like girls that are pretty skinny. That's just my experience. Forever alone.