Can you dye your hair after it gets wet in the hot tub?

I got in the hot tub last night and my hair got wet, can I die my hair today without having to wash it?

I'm worried about the chemicals in the hot tub reacting to the hair die.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, why wouldn't you be able to? Although washing your hair before dying it isn't supposed to be that good, it makes the dye stay in less well or something according to the instructions on some products...

• If you're worried, wash it, but wait before getting it dyed for that reason ^

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 4

• I think you can.BUT if you are super concerned,maybe you should just wait a bit before you do it to assure the best possible outcome of dying your hair.

• I used to work for salons, and I would recommend washing your hair with shampoo and then dye it the next day. There's no real chemicals that will react to the hair dye but it's not good to dye it when hair is wet.

• I would was my hair just in case, never want to chance it.

• yup...you can even dye your hair when it is wet, it just doesn't come out as good

• Will the chemicals do anything?

• nope, your hairs exactly the same wet or dry, the chemicals won't react to the water. plus if your hairs dry now it'll work, if it burns it could be that your allergic to it