Beauty or Personality?

Which one of these is more important to you, and why?

"you can't choose both"

Most Helpful Girl

• Personality. Even if you aren't physically attracted to a person initially, they grow on you once you get to know them--they become more attractive.

What Girls Said 38

• personality!

• Personality. Cause I find that if I love a guy his looks keep getting better and better. plus beauty fades.

• Everyone's personality brings out their true beauty

• This is a complicated one for me.

I tend to go for guys who are dick-heads.

But what would be the point in choosing personality (which would be a bad one at that) over looks- Who wants an un-attractive dick head for a partner ?

So I can't really choose personality because I go for guys with bad personalitys, rather than good ones (which is what I'm assuming you mean - Good looks or good personality)

However, I don't want to choose beauty because it doesn't really bother me what the guy looks like.

Overall, I think (for serious relationships at least) I would choose a guy with a great personality (rather than a dick-head who would be purely for short term fun) over looks.

Another point - What do women see in these really femminine looking guys ? (think Justin Timberlake) I think flaws and a little ugliness make a man more masculine and therefore more attractive =)

So I'd go for personality. What's the point in dating a guy who's nice too look at, but has little or nothing else to offer ?

Personality for me.

• Personality. With a good personality, a person can become beautiful. With just beauty, that's all people really notice. And without a good personality, there's no guarantee of good conversations.

Just my take on it anyway.

• Everyone said personality. I agree.

Beauty does fade over time.

Personality is what makes everyone different and unique and beautiful in there own way.

• Okay, I want to know why whenever someone answers personality, there are almost an automatic TWO thumbs down? That's ridiculous people. come on now.

• Personality is definitely most important. Someone can be the most beautiful/handsome person in the world and have no personality. If you don't have a personality, I cannot stand to be around you. Simple as that.

So, hands down: Personality wins over beauty

• I personally say personality, but with these guys now and days, it makes it hard for you to show your personality if their gawking at the skinny blond next to you with the fake boobs. I think that it is easier for women to go for personality first, but with a majority of guys, they'd be lying if they said personality over beauty.

• Personality- I don't care how good someone looks if I can't stand how they act I don't want them around me.

• honestly I know we all say personality. but then its kinda initial attraction that get you interested in them. but then again, there are time when you are friends with someone you don't think that attracted, then you start to hang out with them, you loveeeeeeeeee their personality, they just become wayyyyyyyyy more attractive.

so I mean personality keeps you around for a long time.

ive dated decent looking guys with just the most boring personality, didn't talk or ask anything about me, and all he could talk about was him and his car. I was dying of boredome.

• Personality. The hottest guy in the world could also be the most horrible, abusive jerk. While looks ARE important, that's not usually what I judge a guy on, because jerks automatically become less attractive for me.

• Personality, beauty fades anyway.

• personality.

looks are what draws me in,

but personality is what makes me stay.

plus beauty really does fade over time

• personality, anyone can be beautiful with the right personality!

• Personality, I guess. Although I've never been with anyone I wasn't physically attracted to.

• PERSONALITY! as much as I may like a hot guy. I would rather have a guy that can make me laugh and I can have fun with

• personality, it doesn't matter what the person look, the in side matters

• Personality when it comes down to it. There have been plently of guys who intially I've actuly not liked physically at all but grow on me because of a charming personality. Beauty is deffinaly an intial factor, but its a lot easier to overlook with a little time than a personality that just doesn't line up with you.

• personality . beauty is a nice plus

but if you have no chemisty with someone , say bye bye .

personality is what that person feels, and likes their beauty is just like extra credit.

i mean sure you don't want to be with the ugliest kid ever but that ugliest kid may be the only one to understand you, so personality over rules beauty.

• personality definately! I wouldn't want to date someone who was good looking but completely a horrible person.

• thats a hard question. Beauty changes but personality stays. so I would say personality

• well you have to be somewhat attractive to have someone actually be attracted to you. BUT personality is what really can make a person stay or go.

• Personality and that is honest. At a point in time I was shallow and I thought it was beauty but its not. I have been with a person who didn't look like brad Pitt but his personality really shined and he began to grow on mean. I would definitely take personality over beauty

• Personality is important because a smart person can solve thing and solve problems

• Im sorry, but a person's intellect doesn't have any relevance towards their personality.

• im just a person that says personlaity is the number one thing to look for. the looks just come second.

• Personality! Beauty fades

• Personality

• Having a good personality is the key and beauty is just looking at someone from on the outside, not focusing on the inside.

• I can honestly say I look for personality first in a guy. I want to date someone who's real and who I can talk to and have fun with, not someone just ogle at.

• More from Girls
    8

What Guys Said 11

• Personality is more important. What good is being with someone who is insanely beautiful, but is a horrible person? Beauty is only skin deep if that's all you have. If I were blind beauty would mean nothing. So the beauty you want is the beauty of an amazing personality.

• "If I were blind, beauty would mean nothing"

Well said!

• This is one of those impossible questions to answer, and I'd love to say personality, but I'd be lying. As far as a guy's opinion goes, looks trump personality. That is not to say I'd date a girl I couldn't get along with, but as far as who I'd pursue in the first place, looks are very important to guys.

• This a tough one. I would say personality. I have known people I thought were ugly or disgusting in some sort of way but once I got to know them they grew on me and their looks meant nothing. But in all honesty I think the one reason I wouldn't date some1 like that is because unfortunately I do care what people think and I can't have people think differently of me because of some1 I'm dating. especially my family. I don't think that makes me shallow maybe insecure a little but o well nobodys perfect.

• Personality.

I've given women who don't physically attract me much a shot now and again, but most of them lost out on the personality side. I've known plenty of very attractive women with bad personalities as well, and they became uglier in my eyes.

Personality is fickle that way. Looks will improve or fade based on how you see the person's inner-self.

• "Beauty" fades but "personality" stays. Personality is obviously the wiser decision. Personality is what turns me on. If a girl has stuffed up manners but a pretty face, I just think "what a pitty that such a fine vessal must carry such disgusting wine" and when you are ugly inside it influences the outside. Like the air around someone can change in seconds ,when they get angry for example after being very nice, and then they get very ugly and unnatractive in seconds from when they were beautiful and romantic.

• Personality. but if you can't choose both does that mean she would be ugly?

Are beauty and personality inversely proportional?

I'd take a pretty good personality with a little bit of looks?

You have to be attracted to them physically, so you can't really be one or the other.

• If I allowed people to choose both them every body would of chosen both.

so to make the responds more intriguing I gave them choice to only chose one.

as for the inversely proportional question.? I don't know how to respond to that question.

• Lol inversely proportional means as beauty goes up does personality go down? and if personality went up does beauty go down?

• its almost impossible to answer without breaking your "you can only pick one" what draws you to go talk to a girl in the first place? looks. don't deny it as a guy. if your going to go talk to a girl the looks are the thing that made taht decision. whether you want to keep talking to her or not is up to you which brings in the whole personality aspect and she will decide at that point also. they tie hand in hand.

• personality. Beauty fades shortly after 25 or so

• Personality.

A long healthy relationship is built on more than just looks alone (looks will eventually fade).

• Personality because a girl with a banging body and a bitchy attitude is the biggest turn off ever

• ok, everyone who's saying personality, that's just it ur only saying personality here but wwhen it comes to real life all you care about is looks, stop bein two faced