If a girl says "sorry, you're not my type" of a dating site what do they mean?

Are they basically saying, sorry I don't think you're hot enough or is it something more?

That's pretty much all I get on this site Oasis active and I wanna know if there's something else I'm doing wrong, or it comes down to my looks;

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, it could be either your looks or what you've written in your profile.

I'll use myself as an example (To explain some of my answers, I'm kind of a geeky girl). I would say that a guy isn't my type if:

1. I'm not physically attracted to the guy. But this actually goes both ways, either I find him unattractive, or I think he's TOO attractive for me (I'm actually more into guys who are also geeky/nerdy, so I don't like guys who are stereotypically hot.

2. He looks too "cool". I'm interested in someone who knows what its like to be a bit of an outcast. If he has pictures of himself with attractive women, that also intimidates me and makes me think that I'm not his type (and thus, I'd describe him as not my type).

3. His profile is poorly written---bad spelling and grammar, not much content, etc. I like to know that a guy is intelligent.

4. He mentions he is religious in his profile. I'm an atheist and wouldn't date someone who is religious.

5. I don't have any interests in common with him.

6. If he lists things he doesn't want in a girl and I fit any of those things he doesn't want, or if I think they're shallow or stupid.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes it is possible that they are judging you based on your looks and even your race/ethnicity...but it might also be due to what you have written on your profile.

• ok, but what's most likely?

• Ok so we have eliminated that possibility. My second guess would be off attractiveness level, but like I said I wouldn't bother to respond if that were the case.

• well that's the thing, you don't have to respond, there's just a thing where you can click reject and say sorry your not my type

• It's most likely your looks. Or it could be your personality if you talked to her and she didn't like it.

• Its your looks. you can't really tell about a persons personality on line unless you talk to them a lot and stuff.

• It's both looks and personality

What Guys Said 1

• It's your looks. They can't be basing it on anything else really, can they?