What to wear when meeting your boyfriend's mom for the first time?

I am flying down to Florida to see my boyfriend. When I am down there he wants to go to a family event and wants me to meet his mom for the first time. What should I wear?

Most Helpful Girl

• A 3 year olds birthday party in sunny and perfect Florida?! Sounds good to me! Anyways, wear a cute floral and bright sundress. A sweetheart neckline with spaghetti straps and an empire waist but still semi- form fitting. The hem should fall about mid-thigh. You should also wear a pastel colored cardigan. As for shoes you should wear some cute pumps that go with your dress but aren't to high, but if the kids party is involving grass or a lot of activity for the adults I would wear a really cute pair of gladiator sandals. I agree with the other person you should be conservative because you don't want them to think badly of you, but also you want to look fun and outgoing and still a little flirty so they don't think that your a stiff and stuck-up because they want their son to be happy and in a good relationship, which it sounds like you are if you are flying to Florida to meet his family.

Here are a couple of suggestions!

Dress:

link

Cardigan:

link

^This would probably be really cute in the 'frosted sage heather' or the 'winter white'

Shoes:

Pumps- link

^Any of those colors would work.

Gladiators- link

^Honestly? These would be absolutely perfect!

What Guys Said 3

• Just wear a casual sweater or top with jeans or slacks, or you could do a skirt or sundress,but I agree about not overdressing. With a bunch of little kids at a party, things have the potential to get messy & you don't want to risk staining your best clothes. Chances are you wouldn't, but in case...

• Clothes, preferably.

What kind of family event are we talking about?

• His nephew's 3 year old birthday party...

• bikini

What Girls Said 4

• I think *conservative* is key here, lol. Don't be something that you're not, but definitely err on the side of classic. Not too low-cut, not too tight, and if that's more your style, try to just bring it back a notch. You know what I mean?

Since it's Florida, it will probably be warm, so a long skirt, sandals, and nice top would be good. Or maybe a maxi dress that's not too low-cut? If it is, a tank top underneath would be good. Jeans, sandals, and a cute shirt (maybe a short sleeve sweater? they are trendy) is another good option.

• something sweet and girly, but keep it conservative a dress perhaps.

• something conservative

• Since it's a birthday party, a child's party, don't dress to nice. You wouldn't want to risk being over dressed and ruining your clothes. Depending on the weather, you can wear a classy sundress or even jeans. No matter what you do, remember to keep everything classy and stay covered up. If you wear a dress make sure it's not TOO short or make sure your neckline isn't to deep.