Hair gel > hair loss?

does using hair gel everyday lead to hair loss? does using it have negatives?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you use too much, your hair can get greasy and stuff err I think...

Hair gels are made of water. This is what gives it its viscous nature. Gels have other ingredients in them such as polymers, plasticizers and wax. Most also contain parabens and parabens have been shown to be dangerous to the body.

The option is to use natural herbal hair gels. Such products can be found which are 100% natural and contain ingredients like Aloe Vera and hibiscus extracts. These extracts will not only hold up your hair for any hairstyle. They will also nurture and promote hair growth.

I recommend using natural herbal hair gels which are 100% natural and does contain both hibiscus and Aloe Vera is Mira herbal gel.

Mira hair gel contains hibiscus which has been shown to boost the anagen phase of hair growth by 80% and Aloe Vera which also helps grow longer, thicker hair.

What Girls Said 12

• Using anything on a daily basis that coats your hair will ultimately damage it to some extent. It's like women who wear mascara on a daily basis end up having very fine, breakable lashes by the time they reach their middle ages.

Blow drying daily is also bad for the hair.

Since it's the summertime, try a more natural look with leave-in conditioner. give your hair a summer vacation. :-)

• yes there are negatives, but I'm not sure if it would cause hair loss...it leads to build up on your scalp that can turn into zits and cysts. Make sure to keep it off of your scalp and to massage your scalp thouroughly when you shampoo. The sampoo isn't what helps, its really the stimulating and exfoliation of your scalp.

• Hair gel is gross. I'd never a date who uses that. No man looks good in it.

• lol yea okay

• How can I make my hair look less fuzzy without hair products? Sometimes there are a lot of little hairs that stick up because of the length it gets to after I cut it really short. It's kind of hard to describe through text. I don't like guido my hair up with hair gel to where I use like a tub every day, just a little to get my hair to stay down really. It does NOT have that "constantly wet" look basically.

• pomade or wax.

use a little at a time. start working it through the back of your hair and work up to the front that way you won't put too much in. Go to ULTA or a beauty store and ask the sales person for a non-greasy or shiny wax for men.

• No, but it might dry your hair so you should wash your hair at least weekly and make sure you get one that's right for you.

• I don't think it causes hair loss,but it's important to take care of your scalp though.:)

• Okay, not directly, but it doesn't help either...

• any product that is harsh or has a high pH is gonna cause damage to your hair ...it will cause it to become dry, brittle, porous, and the hair strand to become thin

• how do some guys use product like everyday then ?

• alright thanks :)

• Well, tons of kids at my school and my brother use it everyday, their hair seems fine.

• Yes. Hair gel causes hair loss. I have lost 90 % of my hair. So all hair products in recycle bin

• I doubt it

• if you don't wash it out at nice yes. my friends brother whos now out of collage used hair gel everyday after showering in the morning and then slept with it in. it clogged up the follicles and he started loosing his hair. he went to a dermatologist and hairgel was the cause...his scalp was cleared up though and is growing back normal.

• Please can you give me his email, I have the same problem. Thanks

• Good article below, basically not directly is the answer...

link

What Guys Said 10

• When I was younger (teens) I used to have really oily hair and hated it. Washed it 2 times a day and it didn't chane. One day a hairdresser recommened I stop using hair products period. Shampoo, conditioner, the works. For the first week or so it was horrible. But then it sort of balanced out. That was 15 years ago. I use nothing in my hair except water. It's not oily or dry or smelly or flakey (scalp). I'm firmly of the opinion you body knows best and all those chemicals can't help, which sounds a bit like hippy talk, but I really did see a massive change.

• I think it's just the person. If you don't need anything and you use it. It will screw you up.

Me on the other hand. My head is super oily if I leave it alone. So I use a really harsh cleaner on it.

• similar to the theory of what causes acne. A lot of products that treat acne dry out the skin, and the skin reacts by producing more oil. That's why oil-free moisturizers are imperative in acne treatment.

• oily hair is caused by improper shampooing or overactive sebaceous glands (glands in your scalp the produce oils). It causes hair to have an oily coating and buildup on the scalp. It can be treated by washing with a normalizing shampoo. A well-balance diet, exercise,regular shampooing, and good personal hygiene are essential to controlling oil hair and scalp. But over washing your hair with the use of strong soaps and products could aggravate existing conditions...

• Don't know but it leads to immediate loss of style.

• it might be so don't use hair gail every day, if you are not going out don't wear any, wear it every now and then and the days when you don't wear it use a hat instead. Its what I do.

• hair gel is so 90's.

Anyway I don't yhink it leads to hair loss. Hair loss is much about the genes. your dna has a mark with the date your hair will start falling and the time it will be turning gray.

• I used to think that it did in the long run, but after some research, no, it does not.

• Hair loss is genetic. Whether or not you lose your hair is predetermined at birth. Other factors such as HIGH stress can cause hair loss, and abrasions of the scalp can cause TEMPORARY hair loss.

• Testosterone is probably a lot bigger of a factor in hair loss. I could very well lose my beautiful hair. :(

• Hair is already dead, so no

• it has nothing to do with hair gel. It's your f***ed up life.

• Yea I used it on me pubes now hair don't grow there no more