Waxing upper lip hair cause acne? Help?

I routinely wax my upper lip hair, and I've had no problems with it. But lately for the past two times or so I've waxed, I'd break out around the waxed area. The acne would be there for at least a week, and has become a nuisance.

I was wondering if any of you have had the same thing happen to you. Any solutions/advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• try using a different wax next time, you might have gotten a little allergic. also, try cleaning the area with 3% hydrogen peroxide after you wax, you can dilute it with water to prevent stinging. This will kill bacteria. Then apply a moisturizer if it feels dry or if you dont' have oily skin.

• Yeah, that could be it. My facial skin is very sensitive. I've been using Sally Hansen Naturally Bare Waxing Strips. What other brands do you recommend?

Thanks! :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Do you mind me asking what kind of waxing items you use. I really should try this with my upper lip too. I am very nervous about trying it though. I think mostly I am embarrassedto buy the product because I am so young.

• Don't be. If you have hair you don't want to see, get rid of it! :)

I use waxing strips, but I'm thinking about changing the brand.

• It might not be acne, it might be herpes 1 ...I heard something about waxing tools being dirty and that how people got infected .

• I use waxing strips.

And they're regular whiteheads. :P