Gothic girls, scary or not?

Are they scary, or unattractive? I'm a romantic Gothic type, so I like the long dresses, soft but dark makeup, elegant accessories, classical music, good Romantic novels, etc. instead of the hardcore piercings/tattoos/crazy hair type that people usually see.

Is it a turn off, to be Gothic in general...? I'd like to know.

Most Helpful Guy

• so goths remind me of death and I guess that's what they are going for but its depressing to me. I don't consider them scary but I would avoid wanting to be associated with them as people tend to hold negative views of them

• death isn't a bad thing. and no that's not what theyre going for lol xD but I see what you're saying

• Wow I'm more fun than most people - hahaha you're judgemental! People who are follow a crowd...now that's depressing! Oh well your loss! Nothing more fun than driving my hearse around a bunch of "normal people"!

• yes I'm judgmental like all humans she asked for my opinion on gothic girls and that's what I gave. your so naive it scares me, you don't seem to realize that in saying people who follow the crowd are depressing is you in fact being judgmental yourself. I'm sure the hearse turns some head but that image has been so over played by popular media in the last couple years. You turned to this to be different from the crowd yet you made your self a sterotype, congratulations to you.

What Guys Said 5

• Goth isn't "mainstream", so like any non-mainstream style, it's going to attract some, turn off some, and be a curiosity for others. But you knew that when you chose a non-mainstream style, right? That's the whole point of a non-mainstream style: to set yourself apart.

So, again, some people will like it, some will hate it, and many won't care either way.

• Nah I like gothic girls, used to date a few... Not so much these days, but I'm probably no longer their type.

• link?

• In general I'm pretty turned off by the excess of black, but as long as its not like constant black makeup I'm fine.

• you mean those giant piles of black eyeliner? Dx that's kind of ick, haha.

• Yep haha!

• BLACK BLACK BLACK BAHAHAHAHAHA! Bring on the eyeliner bring on the lipstick!

• Hot! So hot!

What Girls Said 1

• I have no tattoos I celebrate the traditional romantic goth style. I have a few piercings etc. What do you mean is it a turn off to be goth? WHO CARES? Be yourself! Do you think the parents at the Catholic school my kids go to take kindly to the fact that I pick up my kids in a HEARSE! Guess what ... if they don;t like TOUGH! I'm who I am and I do not change who I am for anyone EVER!

• i love this. you pick your kids up in a hearse? kick. ass.

and I agree xD haha. I just felt like asking.