Feel odd sitting across from someone wearing a dress or skirt?

I take the train to work, and most of the seats on the train are laid out so that rows of seats face each other, so you can see someone across from you.

Usually I like to play around with my phone a bit because the ride is rather boring.

But sometimes I'll be sitting across a woman wearing a dress or skirt. If I'm holding my phone in my hand, it'll kind of look like I'm staring at her legs, or even taking pictures of her.

While I can't deny that sometimes they might be attractive to look at.

Is it weird that I feel uncomfortable in that situation? I don't want to seem like a perv. But didn't she basically put herself in that situation?

Most Helpful Guy

• theres a diff. between staring and looking. its OK to look but if your sitting there just staring at her the whole time without trying to talk to her she may get creeped out. no one likes to be stared at but not talked to, its just weird.

have you seen the preview for that one movie "the adjustment bureau". the guy on the train is sitting right next to the girl. she happened to be wearing some sort of skirt or dress and she catches him looking at her legs. so he says "i was defenseless against a girl in a skirt/dress that looks so pretty in it". lol. just try to be funny about it they know ull look its how you act about it that they want to see

What Girls Said 4

• just chill out. no girl on the train is worried about that unless she's paranoid. girls and humans and humans have legs. end of story lol

• I think my ex from awhile ago got me paranoid. She always called me out when I was checking out her legs even if I wasn't. Not every girl is like that.

• U little perv "cut my wrist and bite my arm so I can fall asleep tonight" -hh sad song and violent lyrics

• if she's already sitting there she didn't put herself in the situation.just read a book

• See that's why I don't wear skirts I feel vulenerable now that I knoe some guys do that I fell even more like that

What Guys Said 5

• That morning, she chose to wear that skirt or dress and accepted the consequences in doing so. Girls aren't dumb, they know the perks that come with showing skin in public. That said, have the attitude that "if you're going to show me something, I'm gonna look". There's nothing wrong with that, and I'm sure that those girls have experienced much worse than a sheepish man's stare. You're not traumatizing anyone, so feel free to enjoy the best of both worlds!

• You may be spending way too much time thinking about this.

• Chill out dude. Its them who chose to wear them. If they did, they are not consious to show them.

• Relax...its public transportation...women wear dresses and skirts everyday...stop overthinking and enjoy the ride (and view!)

• lol you remind me of me... overthinking everything like this..