What really matters? Brains or beauty?

A simple question for the girls here - is it better to be going out with a guy if he is solely good-looking and has nothing between the ears, or would you prefer a man with eloquence, a good heart, and looking like Frankenstein's monster?

Most Helpful Girl

• No amount of attractiveness will compensate for my boredom.

Sexual attraction is still vital, but can be generated through mental stimulation.

What Girls Said 10

• Beauty

• you are a really shallow individual aren't you.

• And doesn't a person usually get a date by approaching?

• You go for beauty... but you better have a fine paying job if you want to live comfortably, because without brains he sure has hell isn't going to do that.

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder :)

I would never date an unintelligent, boring guy. Intelligence, to me, is sexy.

Looks come last. I focus on personality first. If the guy is also good looking, then it's a bonus. But I never go for looks alone. As long as the guy can make me laugh, is a considerate gentleman and shares similar interests with me, I'm all over them. :)

• Brains... sorry really hot but completely vapid, dull, and unintelligent guys, you're just not quite my thing.

• I choose option C... stay single. Sorry but I honestly wouldn't want to date either of those guys. I need to have someone who I feel an attraction to and has a brain and a good heart.

• Brains. So that he can earn money and spend it on me. ) But also passion, attitude and many other things.

• Its not a perfect world. So to most people they would say beauty when it should be brains. When we all first attracted to a person it because of thier beauty, then its bonus point if they also have brains.

• BRAINS. To an extent, beauty is also important. Remember those class projects we used to have to do? If a stellar book report had a nice cover on it, wouldn't the teacher score a little higher? When you went to give a presentation, didn't the teacher remind everyone to "dress appropriately" for the event? It's the same concept. Brains must be accompanied with good breeding and good hygiene. Beyond this, a certain personality is required -- which is where the true beauty lies.

• you need to be physically attracted to someone

• This is so one sided so I'm going to give the best answer...I think good looking guys that lack brains make up for it with their heart and passion.The good looking guys with brains are usually the ones that are players or think they're too good and they try to conquer the world. The ugly guys with brains are always bitter and judge a girl's intelligence but they always seem to go for the supermodels. The ugly guys with no brains...bless their heart.

• Sorry, I have to object to that a little - I'm two bolts short of Frankenstein's Adam myself, and I do not judge girls on their looks. Well, don't get me wrong, if someone has let themselves go completely I'd probably not be overly enthused.

• You'll still judge her intelligence because most braniac men do that to women. Regardless, if you had to pick one or the other, you would so choose the good looking one for their favorable genes. I know you would.

• Honestly, neither..I'll wait for somone who has a good heart, brains and fairly looking. I don't believe there are "ugly" people. It's a matter of perspective. I don't consider tom cruise or brad pitt good looking at all! although my friends see them beauty figures. :)

• That's a very nice pat answer, but I'm talking about a theoretical "either or" situation. If you only had 2 blokes left on the entire planet, one was pretty but dumb, the other ugly but still a really nice guy, that's the choice.

• I can't bear stupidity. So, truly if this "ugly" guy will make me "happy" then it's him for sure ;) It's all about being happy with someone no matter how they look, how much they earn, etc...

That's what I honestly believe in :)

What Guys Said 2

• hahaha what a good question.

It depends on the age though; the younger the girl is the more she will want looks above personality, when she gets old and she is worried that she won't find any body she will look more into personality. Also the prettier she is, the more shallow she will be as well. Girls are shallow too even if they don't admit it.

• I think a little bit of both wen it cums 2 girls especially on tha 1st gf.