I hate my body!!! Help?!?

I'm 16 and I'm 5"3 and I weigh 90 pounds..i hate my body every girl in high school has meat and they look good in their clothes and me I'm super skinny..I've been skinny since I was a little girl it didn't effect me until I entered middle school and saw everybody was growing and I stayed skinny..when I was younger they put me on protein drinks the doctor said would help me gain weight but never did..last time I went to the doctor she told me it was maybe genetic cause my mom weighed115! After she had her 3rd child not after she had her 4the child did she finally begin to gain weight..the doctor also said I may have a fast metabolism which I think is true cause I eat so much then in 40 min or so I'm hungry again after a big meal! ..i just wanna gain weight I need help please I hate my body its got to the point where I'm depressed ..i just wanna gain weight please any tips ..?!

Thnx everybody for helpin me out! And making me feel better and special thnx so helpingjessie :D I hate how this thing only lets you pick one best answer >=| lol

Most Helpful Girl

• if you're not starving yourself, you can run the mile, and don't have any severe illnesses; what's the problem?

i have a friend just like you, don't try to gain weight because it IS genetic and you'll probably start gaining weight at around your late 20s, early 30s and if you're used to gaining a lot of weight then you'll blow up once that metabolism starts slowing down with all the other adults.

• and by blow up I mean gain WAY more weight than you intended to. just be happy with your body, I bet you're a knock out! :)

• :O I didn't kno that! okay (: I've been eating beef and stuff I don't know if that helps :/

• wait, eating more or less beef. it usually sits in your digestive tract for a couple of days so try not to have it too often. its not good to have it every day.

What Guys Said 5

• Eat less times during the day, eating all the time keeps your metabolism high, eat about three times a day, but eat big meals. Protein doesn't add weight to me either, but stick with them anyway, things may change when your metabolism does. I'd not recommend eating fatty foods or sugary foods and stopping exercise. Sure you may gain weight, but it's in no way healthy. You'd be safer remaining skinny.

• This helped alot! Thnx ohhhhh and one thing I forgot to mention I dnt drink milk I hate it! D: you think itll help if I do?!

• No problem, it's what I'm here for...

• :D lol

• dont worry to much about it you're still a kid worry about getting in to a good university and you will fill out later and you will be looking better too so just try and be happy in your own skin

• im focusing on skool now but just the thought that I'm never gona gain weight even in college scares me I'm too thin and I wana b a normal weight :/

• You are beautiful. You are blessed with a great metabolism. Just be happy with how beautiful you will be in a few years :)

• thnx so much for the advice :D

• start eating more and more slowly high fatty stuff also work out

• im eating a lot of dairy products and I'm running twice a week (:

• Its alright, I prefer skinny girls over the think ones.

What Girls Said 4

• You might have an over/hyperactive thyroid, which basically increases your metabolism and makes gain (or loss) weight a problem. You should ask your doctor to have it checked out because it can be managed with drugs or in some cases surgery.

My friend's mother had an under active one and even though she hardly ate anything she was pretty big.

• Wow ill ask my doctor I never knew about that >_<

• This is what you do...YOU OWN IT! Just own it sista and you will be fine...

• Millions of girls would kill to have a body like yours. actually, many girls are killing themselves to try and have a body like yours.

My little sisters are the same way you are and my mom is only 110! even after her fourth child! it is genetics, (unfortunately I got more genetics from my dad's side of the family, I have to make sure I exercise regularly.)

My little sister eats just like you, and people call her anorexic all the time at school, but she just doesn't let it bother her too much. she just tells them you obviously don't see me eat at home!

The people that say those things are just jealous of you. Most everyone wants to be skinny.

• Really!?! I didn't think there were much people like me >_< because I'm the skinniest frm my skool! But yet then its a small skool lol xD but yeahhh ahhh this makes me feel a lot better thnx (:

• You're welcome! and yeah, it must be because of your small school because I even had a friend who was the same way as my sister! so you're not alone!

• Yeah hope college isn't like that lol..and ahhh that's kool makes me feel better lol thnx :)

• If you eat foods that have higher fat content (doesnt have to be unhealthy) and if you lead a more sedentary lifestyle it may help.

Another thing that may help is just to look at what you like about yourself (your eyes, hair, style, the shape of your hips, anything) and focus on that rather than what other people around you look like.

I am sure you look beautiful, there is absolutely no reason to hate your body.

• Thnx so much for the tips and advise <3(: