He Thinks I'm Beautiful & Sexy Even When I'm Frumpy?

So, I sent my boyfriend a picture of me, after a hard day's work outside. I looked horrid. No makeup, so all my zit scars were obvious.

And, he wrote back and said that I was beautiful & sexy. Guys, do y'all all feel this way about your girls? Can y'all standard of beauty be so different than a woman's? I looked in the mirror, and thought, "yuk!" In fact, I sent him the pic, to see if he could possibly love me when I'm "real."

Guys?

He actually told me today that the picture drives him wild. Go figure!

Most Helpful Guy

• Your perceptions off as well, you have to deal with the way you look all the time, so its not fair to you to say that, maybe you did look good.

And I LOVE the word "frumpy"! I'm so using that

What Guys Said 5

• Most guys enjoy natural beauty as much as someone who is "made up" Some guys prefer real over makeup.

In your case however I should point out that love is blind, it isn't that he doesn't see you but that his mental image of you is tinted by that viewpoint, he doesn't see your flaws he sees your beauty, A lot of guys do this. He will think nothing of acne scars and probably not even notice them in the picture. It's not that he doesn't see them, but rather they aren't important. Think of it this way, you remember glamour shots? when they use one of those filters that makes everything kind of glow and look better? that's how he sees you.

• Yes, a beautiful girl is a beautiful girl! Pretty makeup, hair 7 clothes just adds to that. A friend got insulted because I said she looked cute in her wrap-around robe & she thought I MUST have meant it as sarcasric, but I was SERIOUS...

• personaly I would take a girl who as acne scars and is natural (doesint try and cover it up) over a girl who tries to cover them up

• He;s your boyfriend, the thing about us guys is when we like a girl she always looks good even when she's not at her best. Get used to it.

• If he doesn't love you when you're at your worst, he can't really love you.

In my opinion at least.

What Girls Said 2

• When you are in love, it is almost like having a child. You would never look at your child and go "Ew! look at those acne scars!" you would think to yourself "what a beautiful child. I love them"

Much the same reaction happens. He may register that you didn't look as good as you normally do, but frankly, to him.. it doesn't even matter. He can't see you as anything other than beautiful

• I second this! :)

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Maybe he's trying to tell you he likes you for YOU and not just sees you for what's on the outside but also what's on the inside

• I hate when my boyfriend does that, because I think he's lying to try to make me feel good about myself.