Would a short haircut look weird with a strapless dress?

I am trying to think of ahead of time before I get my hair done what would look good with my prom dress. I want to go major different since I have medium hair and want a short hair cut. Almost a boy hairstyle. However, would it look weird with it? I am rather short and my neck is not too long so I wouldn't think it would be weird but I want to hear other ppls opinions.

Most Helpful Girl

• don't make it too short

but here are some ideas but of course it all depends on your face shape

short hair

link

medium hair

link

What Guys Said 5

• No more than that hairstyle would look on a girl in any other outfit. I don't mean to be ugly or offend, it's just that that hairstyle makes me think masculine. Emma Watson just did the same thing, & she' stil pretty because she has pretty features, but she looks TERRIBLE! Also, I usually only see it on a girl-girl couple, & it's on the "husband" of the relationship. Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut, but I think strapless looks fine with short hair...

• I've got short hair!

And I'm damn cute!

And Straight.

And Emma Watson looks hot. still.

• To each his own. I think Emma Watson looks like a dike!

• I just feel for a girl to look good in short hair, she has to be very feminine in all other respects including her physique as well as in her mannerisms (like walk and posture). After that, she can wear whatever kind of dress it is.

• Short hair and strapless? Hot, like Victoria Beckham... I love short punky hair, or long flowing hair. In between is boring...

• Long Hair Rocks! let it grow :D

• Generally speaking, I'm a fan of long hair on girls over short hair. And if she has a "boyish" haircut, then it's especially important that she has very womanly features. So if you have fantastic breasts and your dress shows some nice cleavage, then short hair could work.

What Girls Said 5

• With Emma Watson and Halle Berry as examples, it's hard to say no to a short 'do'. Just depends on the shape of your face...

I love the dress, but the green wouldn't be my color. Purple looks great on me though! On you, it will be amazing!

Have a great prom!

• It really depends on you and the dress... Hard to say with no picture of either.

Don't worry about it though. Get you hair cut how you want to.

• I wanted to but since I'm not level 4 yet, it will not allow me to go post a link to the picture. If you want to see the picture, you have to go to Flirtprom.com. Browse through their collection and it the third section. First row, far left. It is shown in a light purple but I'm getting it in lime green.

• haha well that work for me. I know that I would be more confident if I got the short hair cut that I really want. Just wanted to figure out if I should wait to get my haircut before or after the dress is done. I can't picture the dress and what hair would go best with it. And I was thinking to wait but I really want to get my hair done now.

• go for it!

• i think that would be absolutely adorable if your on the less curvy side, and totally smokin' sexy if you're curvier, so I think it'll work!

• No that would still look beautiful! but it really all depends on the shape of your face and if you'll be able to pull of a short hairstyle.. but if you can, short hair is very in style and you should definitely get it done if you want :)

• perhaps a necklace or a shawl to go with the dress if short hair