Gorgeous guy at the holistic pet supply store, wanna ask him out, but don't want to be creepy?

The other day I strolled into this holistic pet food store I'd never been to, trying to get a brand not carried at my usual place. Now these kind of stores are usually run by angry at the establishment hippies, or redneck yokles looking to make a buck off the "richies." But lo and behold I walk in (looking terrible by the way, no makeup, sloppy hair, etc) and the most gorgeous man comes to greet me.

We had a nice chat, and it seemed like he could be interested. The thing is because their product is specialty, its not like I have a reason to walk in there everyday.

Sooo, I was thinking, that I might pop in there tomorrow, looking a bit more uh, human and say I was telling my friend how lives a couple cities over about the food and she's coming to meet me tonight and wanted me to pick her a bag up, to try with her finicky eater. Then I want to engage him in conversation, use his girlie dog to figure out if he's actually single, and somehow invite him out for a drink. His dog is a yorkie, and I thought I could be like, so is that your girlfriend's dog? and go from there

Is this too creepy? Will I come off like a creep stalker girl? And if not, what is a good way to do this?

Will he know my friend doesn't really need dog food? Will he find it super awkward I made up such a lame excuse to come in there?

Most Helpful Guy

• What was the specialty item that you went to get?

You could start a conversation with him about the item and how it's working for you so far and thank him for it and lead the conversation to the point where you offer to shout him a coffee and getting his number at the same time.

example:

Hi there I just wanted to tell you how well item XYZ is working and I'd like to thank you for showing it to me. I'd like to thank you for it, how about I shout you a coffee sometime? Give me your number and we'll arrange to meet up sometime what do you say?

What Guys Said 11

• Oh, ouch, insulting his puppy-dog? You evil girl, you! Jk, xP. But seriously, sounds like a great plan. Having a girl approach you throws you off, stuns you. It makes a 'okay, sure' come out of us, sometimes sounding like we're not too sure about the idea. But just keep moving on and he should relax. Two things I may critique is USE NATURAL MAKE-UP, most guys don't like painted girls, and if you really want to throw him off-guard, ask him straight-up if he's single. If you have the guts, straight up steal this line. "Are you single?"

• Oh, he'll catch on, but he'll likely go with it. He'll most definitely realize you like him if you single him out. Not a bad thing.

• There is never a time when an attractive girl asking a guy out is perceived as creepy.

Never.

Ever.

You don't have to be so secretive about it. Just say, "hey, when I was in here the other day it seemed like we were clicking..." and go from there.

• Eh that sounds OK. But you should make it more foolproof. What if he asks what's your friend's name? The dog's name? The kind of dog? The city they're from? Their shipping address? The airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? Those are questions you should be prepared to answer.

• lol nah...I don't think it's too creepy. Just make sure you have some answers if he asks questions about your friends pet. Plus don't over dress or anything. Just wear everyday casual clothes. Umm you could say "so do you have to take care of that dog by yourself or does your girlfriend help you"

• Ask the guy out! You can always use your excuse of picking up a bag for your friend. But how about actually being truthful with the guy? If you haven't got a reason to walk in there everyday then you might as well just be straight up with the guy and tell him you would like to ask him out. What if he starts asking you questions about your friends dog or whatever? You may become stuck for answers. I say you start of very briefly about your friend's pet but make sure you let him know you are interested in seeing him again. No point beating around the bush (no pun intended). As for not being creepy, just don't be too forward or put him under pressure. Good Luck.

• finally, I'm glad to hear that there are girls that are willing to ask guys out and take initiative, take charge, tired of it always being up to us guys

• The only way you could be creepy is if you stalk him without talking to him. "Creepy" is a term 99% of the time only used by women. If WE do anything wrong it's creepy. If YOU do anything wrong it's cute

• Sounds like you've given a little thought to this.

Seems like a good plan to me, I think you should go for it. Just don't (ever) expect something to go exactly like you had it in mind, but just go for it!

• As to your update: Yes, he'll almost certainly realize that at the same time he realizes you're interested in him. Not necessarily a bad thing, I would find it pretty adorable and just laugh it off and not make a big deal of it. Depends on the person though, I suppose.

• Forget him, he has a Yorkie - he's gay.

• "creepy" is only in women's mind

• Do it!

1. If he's single and straight, you have a 99.99% chance.

2. 00.01% chance he says no, then you only have to go to the store to get the product. Or you can shop online. Moral of the story is: Do it. Don't think of it as rejection, just think of it as him not thinking you two are right for each other.

What Girls Said 5

• Guys don't get creeped out like we do, however it is always nice to find a good reason to talk and spend time together.

Do the girlfriend thing, find out if he is single. If he is, then change the topic and talk about something else. Ask him about himself, I have found men really like that (who doesn't?).

Come in another day, ask if he knows any good places to eat. Say you want to try something new. Invite him to come with you. Ask him if he needs your number so he can call you when he is off of work.

That's my plan. Maybe it's wrong, maybe not. Use your judgment.

I think that all men who see this answer should rate it up or down based on if they think it would work. It seems like a good plan to me, but I'm curious about a male opinion.

• Aw this is really cute :] I'd say go for it- what can you lose? If he says no, well then find another specialty store xD

• Go ahead!

maybe you should make it kind of as a joke too (about the dog being his girlfriends dog)

when you find out if he is single, you could discreetly invite him for a drink.

but before you do anything, you HAVE to see and make sure that you are catching his eye, is not too hard to realize either. if he isnt, then don't do it.

Wish you the best of luck! :)

• ask him out for coffee, or to a museum, theme park, or just ask him if he wants to hang out

• DO IT! You have a good way about going to ask him.