How come the girl in the relationship can flirt with and look at other guys, but when the guy does it to another girl, it's considered cheating and it's wrong?

Okay, so the other day I was talking to my boyfriend and he brought up a really good question. It's: How come the girl in the relationship can flirt with and look at other guys, but when the guy does it to another girl, it's considered cheating and it's wrong? I thought it was a really good question, one that needed an answer! :) So that's why I'm asking...any opinions would be greatly appreciated! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never heard that 'rule'. I don't think it's cheating. I wouldn't like it if my boyfriend flirted with other girls, but I wouldn't think he's cheating on me by doing it. What's considered cheating is something to be agreed upon between yourself and whoever you're in a relationship with. What's cheating to one couple may not be to another.

Personally, when I'm with someone, I don't really have eyes for anyone else, let alone feel like flirting with them. I'd prefer that something like that be more or less equal between myself and who I'm with. But for some people this can also be a case of, 'I don't want to, but I don't care if you do'.

What Guys Said 2

• Stereotypes. Guys are thought to cheat more. Also, let's be honest. Girls are more subtle.

• It shouldn't be like that. I personally think both shouldn't flirt they should be faithful to one another.

What Girls Said 3

• This isn't true of all people. Some men and women view flirting as cheating, some men and women don't.

Perhaps the relationships that you're referring to are ones in which the guys are pretty secure, and the girls are pretty insecure.

• To me, it's not a one way street. It's both ways. It's wrong both ways. Personally, even if my boyfriend looks/flirts/etc..I still won't. It's not in my nature. When I am with a guy, and I am in love with him, I only flirt and look at him. Why do I need attention from other guys? When I want attention from one. Why do I need to look at other guys? When I already have Mr. Perfect? Just my opinion! Everyone has different opinions of course!

• I don't think it is cheating if a girl can do it then guys can to.