What can I do about my mom?

I feel trapped at home...i hate that I had a breakdown and was deemed ill by my doctor and instructed to leave school and return in the fall...

But my mom makes it unbearable to live at home...she wants me to finish school...n I'm going to try, but I can't tell her I wanna get married in a year or two...let alone start a family...she will blow a fuse and yell at me, bitch, and so on.

Everyone thinks she is sweet, caring, loving, and giving person. but they don't know her how I do...she is a mean, heartless bitch, who is judgmental, and is quick to talk gossip, and anyone who is not up to her standards as a good citizen.

my bf/fiancee even sees it, he sees the rude comments she makes and how she insults me.

when he was here about a week ago from Friday night till Monday night...i got overheated one day in the house and was wearing shorts and a v-neck...she told me I was faking

but he saw that I was miserable

I'm also have her body shape when she was my age, but after she had my twin brother and i...she is bigger now

I can't tell her I'm having sex, cause she tells me this saying a lot...why would the guy pay for milk, when he could get it from the cow for free

n she says she love my bf/fiancee...she says we are smitten...but I think she is jealous of how sweet, caring, giving, and nice he is'

my dad has attitude and is quiet sometimes and Doesn't do the same things like he did b4 he and her got married

u know she told me all the thing she wants me to do for my wedding and what not...n tells me the ideas I want are stupid and she is not gonna pay for that.

WELL...I TOLD MY MOTHER EVERYTHING LAST NIGHT...EXCEPT THAT IM HAVING SEX...N I THINK I RUINED THE RELATIONSHIP I HAVE HAD WITH HER FOR OVER 20 YEARS...SHE TELLS ME SHE STILL LOVES ME, THAT SHE KNEW I WAS SECRETLY ENGAGED...THAT IF I WANT TO GET
MARRIED IN A YEAR AND START A FAMILY SHE SUPPORTS MY DECISION.
What Do I Do Now?
Update: My mom is slightly managable right now...she wants me to finish school before my fiancee and I get married...yet she has told me that I'm not even allowed to move in with him before we get married...like even a few months before the wedding. she has told me that I would look like I had no values or morals. She has told me that I need to start now to be in perfect shape to wear my wedding dress (which I haven't even gotten) and the wedding won't be till Jan 2014

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you love your bf/fiancee? It sounds like you do. So just get married and start a life with him. Then at least mom will be off your back a bit. Sure, she's not the type of person who'll stay quiet for long, she'll start nagging about kids and everything. That's up to you and your fiancee, just as getting engaged was, so once you're living with him keep some space between you and your mother and make those decisions together without her.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• You could get married by law and have a wedding later, the best thing you could do is physically get away from your mother because if she is not with you she is against you. Your life is about you and your fiancĂ© and no one else now. If you are not happy, something needs to change. Talk to your fiancĂ© and see what he says and if you can move out right away, take the chance. The two of you adults shouldn't have to listen to an old witch.

• 1) Go to a family psychiatrist.

2) Explain to your mom you are sick and you need her to relax. Is there something that's going on in her life that's making her take things out on you?

3) Move out and live with your bf/finance.

• Well either move in with your boyfriend or stay and stfu.. I mean really and unless you have a job and make money you can't FORCE your mom to pay for stuff for your wedding that she doesn't want to.

• I think the point is, is that it's her wedding, not her mother's, and even if her mother is paying for it she should still respect her enough to let her incorporate her own ideas

• Ok well then don't invite her.. you are your own person so do your own thing. (However why would you have an outdoor wedding in the winter... I know I wouldn't come to any bullsh*tery like that) but whatever

• this is your wedding, not your mothers. she can't force you to get married in a church. put your foot down and tell her no

• my mother drives me crazy too and I can't wait for school to be over to get the heck out. She is just like your mom. There's nothing much you can do until you can move out. just bear through it and get out asap.