OK, I'm going to buy a new laptop. My friend said I should get a Mac. I always had PCs but he says I can run Windows on it anyway.

What do you think? What should I buy this time? Why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Get a PC if $ is an object as the Mac is around 3-5 times as expensive. Now as far as ease of use and not having to worry as much about viruses then go for the Mac. I just have an issue paying the kind of money they want for a machine that is outdated before you even get it out of the box.

• I think your pushing the outdated thing to much, same with the price. You get what you pay for.

• Actually not as you can get a decent pc laptop for 500 or the comparable mac for 1500 to 2500 but you are right about the outdated thing as in all actuality nothing is outdated if it serves our purposes.

What Guys Said 3

• I would personally use a Mac. Its much better than a PC. Apart from obvious technical reasons, which includes running Windows on it, its also a style statement. Its like on the higher end, in computing!

• Being a consultant that uses a Mac and PC's (several because sometimes they don't work) you would be an idiot not to get a Mac. They are vastly superior in many ways and you can run windows on it if need be.

• So it has been a year... what did you get?

What Girls Said 2

• MAC! I adore everything Apple, and I'm ready to throw my laptop out the window because of it's PC-ness. (Vista sucks, yes it does.) They're better to work with, have less of a security risk, have less problems software and hardware-wise than a PC, and Apple tends to make things pretty.

The price tag on a good Mac is more than on a PC, but they go longer and work better, so it is worth it. But if you do end up getting a PC, my advice is to get an Alienware or a Fugitsu and run a version of Linux on it. It's actually an easy OS to use once you learn it, and has so many less problems than Windows.

(I wouldn't have a PC or Windows, but I didn't buy my computer. I thank my mom for it, though!)

• It really depends on what you're using it for, but I would rather have a Mac. I have a PC because my school requires it, and I hate it. Vista is horrible. Now I'm saving up for a Mac.