Too many piercings?

Guys, back me up on this. Why do girls feel the need to impale themselves all these metal objects. The normal 1 ear piercings is OK but anything more than that is just weird!

Most Helpful Girl

• link

you COULD try at least educating yourself before you judge it, but people like you tend to like to stay in their own little world with their own little closedminded judgements.

i'm sure you'll find a nice girl who looks like this link and spend the rest of your life in a suit and a cubicle, golfing in your time off. enjoy.

What Girls Said 18

• I respect your opinion, but I disagree. I have piercings because I like them, not because I want to attract men, or think they'll be attractive to men. So guys who think piercings are hideous probably won't like me, but that's fine with me, because they don't have to like it. I like it and that's what matters. I don't want to attract guys who can't or won't take me as I am. That's just my take on it, lol.

To me they're just like any other jewelry, accessory, or way to adorn the body. They're more permanent, but they don't have to be. They can be removed, most with little to no scarring. I just choose not to remove mine, because I wouldn't put holes in my body if I didn't intend to keep them there for a more long-term amount of time. Possible scarring isn't a deterrent to me at all because I don't consider scars unattractive. I'm neutral about them, and I have plenty of scars already anyway, they're just a part of life.

• I really think this conservative male majority is an internet thing. I have a nose ring which my boyfriend thinks looks hot. I had a vertical labrette and I got compliments on it all the time.

Also for people who are saying it's just a new thing that non-conformists are doing. It's not. Tonnes of ancient cultures included piercings as the norm ( nose piercings are traditionally indian and the labrette comes from the aztecs)

Self expression has always been around, you don't have to find it attractive but learn to live with it.

• piercings can make a person look different.

there's a guy I go to school with who has a lip ring and it drives me absolutely crazy. I don't know why, but it does.

and I pierced my nose and I think it makes me look different (kind of bitchier too haha) and I just like the way it looks

• I personally believe that a piercing can change the way a person looks(good or bad). I'll use myself for example. I have the normal 1 ear piercings with no gauges, yet I also have one carlige and my nose done also. I've had my carlige done since I was 12 years old, so I gues syou can say I wanted to be "cool". My nose is a different story. My nose ring defines me, or at least I think so. When I see myself in the mirror, I think I look much better with it than without it.

• I agree with you completely. I have 2 ear piercings in each ear and that really is enough to me. my mom always tells us(my sister and i) that we are diamonds. she says that we shouldn't go sleeping around do we don't get spoiled. would you want your diamond to get spoiled and touched with lots of guys' hands? I don't think so. and she says the same for tattoos, they would cover up the natural beauty of the person. and as for piercings, she says that piercings are like making holes in the diamond. a couple are enough to fit the chain of the necklace in, but more holes would make it look really bad.

• It's self expression like anything else or maybe cultural.Is it that you just don't like peircings in general or just when girls do it.If it's the latter,then that's a double standard all the way.

• This may shock you but girls get piercings because they like the look of them.

• hey so I totally get what you're saying. I have my ears pierced and my belly button and that's it but some girls feel like they have to get like a thousand piercings on one ear. They follow what other girls they hang out with are doing. I got my belly button pierced because I thought it was something for me and only me. Some girls just do it because they want to be "different"

• I think it's because other girls have MORE piercing.

Me I have my ears pierced and I used to have my belly button pierced but, not anymore.

• I don't have any piercings but that's just a personal preference. I know there are a lot of guys that like them

• because its their own look and its what they like . some people like em . some don't . I have piercings and I just like em that's it .

• i agree, it's hideous. but on both genders, not just girls.

• I have 5 piercings. I don't think its too much.

• Its no different than tattoos or even the clothes you choose to wear

• I only have my ears pierced, but I guess a lot of people want them to make themselves more 'sexy'

• Maybe,like, a belly button piercing or something ( if she had nice abs lmao) , but what else would really look sexy? lol

• i don't even have my ears pierced anymore, they closed and don't feel the need to get them pierced again. I am not a hug fan of many piercings on anyone...

• I have my ears and my belly button pierced. Its just what I like. I don't like eyebrow or lip piercings etc. Everyone has a different taste:)

• i have 2 holes in each ear and I'm planning on getting my nose pierced. I imagine people feel the need to impale themselves because they actually like how it looks. you don't have to like it.

What Guys Said 10

• I can't stand it either man, what's wrong with having a preference nowadays for girls who haven't physically altered their appearence. I mostly see it in the younger girls, the ones who mature generally get out of that stage and don't care for them as much, same with tattoos. It gets really horrible when she has staples all over her face, everything from a lip ring, to an eyebrow piercing and even big rings inside the ear.Just makes me think why?

• Because some people like the trendy new thing and yet many years later sometimes regret the past choices. Some see it as art or they call self expression. I personally detest ho tags, tramp stamps and unnecessary piercings. As a guy I don't have any issue with pierced ears on ladies I know some who don't wear earnings and some do. I'm a odd one out these days and don't plan on changing either. If the ladies want to poke unnecessary holes in there body fine don't expect me to like it.

• I like them either to have one or two ear piercings in each ear. anymore is bad. I don't get why girls think piercings are so good looking. I was talking with a girl in school about how she thought belly button piercings where "cute" me and the other guy there said we don't like any piercings like that.

• I USED to feel that way, but now that I got used to them on my BFF I think they're cute...

• Same boat dude.

You can tell what's up by looking at the guys answers compared to the girls answers.

• As the ancient Tibetans used to state- To much of a good thing... can be a bad thing.

lol

• Hate pierced p**** lips I wanna taste p**** not metal

• Maan I so agree with youu!

• depends on the girl IMO because some just look good with a lip ring :P

• Yes...want a female not a Christmas Tree...