Girls- do you feel pressured (by friends, society expectations etc) to be fully shaved?

to be fully shaved?

Or is it something you like doing?

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to be a swimmer, so I basically shaved everything except the hair on my head. But yea... sometimes, especially when it comes to the *ahem* private area. But I don't take it as a negative thing. It's nice to have little surprises here and there. As for other regions... eh. I enjoy not having hairy legs, armpits, and arms. It's a nice feeling.

• Thanks for the answer. What do you mean though by it being nice to have little surprises?

• But I thought the end results of waxing and shaving were the same?

• kind of... wax won't have as much stubs.. shaving definitely will. just like how guys will shave and have stubbly face after a while.

What Girls Said 8

• Fully shaved? Um, I shave my legs cause I think it looks nice but that's it.

• not under your arms or your private region then?

• I don't really care about my private region. Except in swimsuit season, then I shave my bikini line. I do think it's sad how the media portrays females as completely hairless. I mean, they don't even have arm hair for crying out loud! I wish that for once the media would decide that natural is sexy. I think I would have made an excellent hippie... besides the drug aspect... that I wouldn't do... okay I'm done now.

• yes I definitely feel pressured by society. I get so insecure if I even have the slightest prick.

• random question- but are you currently dating? If not, why is it a major concern of yours not to have any hair?

• not currently dating...was seeing someone just a week ago. it's a concern because it's one of those things that you think, oh a guy won't like me if I have hair there or something.

• Yes.

• does the pressure come from friends, the media, bf?

• The Friend & media..Its like if you see a girl with hairy legs..not even legs hair..hairy arms or side burns people every wear are like wtf?

Ok let me tell you a little story..I have side burns..not like furry man looking ape chin strap ones..but I have baby hair side burns..and a couple of my friends are like eww you have side burns shave that off..some where like omg girls aren't suppose to have side burns remove those! But I didn't shave them because I look good with them. look in my pic!

• Totally feel pressured to, not something I like doing! I don't like to shave because I don't like the way it feels when the hair grows back. I do wax but don't always get around to it in a timely manner.

I agree with the comment that if I didn't shave, I probably wouldn't be wanted. I would feel like some funky 70's p*rn star because society wants be to pretend that I never went through puberty.

My high school sweetheart, all 4 years, from 14 years ago is back in my life. Looks like something is definitely going to go down between us. Even though I use to not shave in high school, I am almost certain that when the time comes he will be expecting to not see anything there.

• no but I feel like girls should...I just think it looks better.

• No...

• yes. I feel like if I didn't, I wouldn't be wanted at all

• Yeah. Its expected of us at this stage : /

• who do you think expects it?

What Guys Said 0