• Ask
  • myTake

Are you average, above or averagly average looking?

In recent years many studies and surveys have gone out in the western world. And they have reached this conclusion.72% of people consider themselves above average looking. Obviously this is impossible because of what average means.So what do you think about this? Why is it? Are you above average?Is it because beauty is opinion? Is it because people are hopelessly conceited? (Let me say something here. Every country had the same phenomenon. To the biggest extent the US to the least the UK but everyone had the discrepancy.)So. Tell me how attractive you think you are. and tell me what you think of this phenomenon

This question has a poll!

51% people have said above average so far. hmmmmmm
holy sh*t. 91 notifications. My best Q ever. THanks everyone

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I think people typically think of me as "pretty" or below average, but I've seldom encountered people who thought of me as average. However, I think of myself as average, generally, at least.Those stats surprised me. I though people tended to think worse of themselves, but maybe they just pretend they do in public, even though they don't actually believe that... Also, I definitely believe beauty is an opinion! However, I also think some people are considered above average more frequently than others. And, last thing, as clich├ęd as this sounds, I believe everyone is beautiful in some way.

What Girls Said 64

• I basically relate with all of the women here "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" ..depends on the person looking at me, depends on the day, depends on my mood, sometimes I'm average/below average and sometimes I feel gorgeous. I will go with above average because I have nice eyes and hair:)

• I think of myself as average.Definitely not conceded as you can tell.

• I think it depends on my hair and makeup of the day and clothes too... some times I look really ugly and some times average

• I have absolutely no idea. The only thing I'm certain of is that I'm not gorgeous and I'm not ugly. I don't think my features are common, in the US at least, so "average" doesn't quite describe me. Some people might find me cute/pretty, and other might not, it's just a matter of taste.

• I don't think I'm anything fantastic, but I don't think I'm entirely unattractive either. Interesting-looking, if anything, haha. So I'll go with average.

• Love your hair :)

• Show Older
    • lol interesting looking. id say gorgeous...you are unique looking! good thing =)

• Aw, thank you! I think unique looks are a good thing too, personally. But I do realize that I'm not to everyone's taste, so not everyone will feel the same way, lol.

• I just read an article about how people tend to overestimate themselves on all fronts--knowledge, attractiveness, etc. It's just human nature!

• They don't always, just in areas they have little experience in (that is, most things in life). It's called the Dunning-Kruger effect link .

• I'm average.

• average or slightly above average depending on who is looking at me.

• fugly.

• haha I'd say I'm above average...not being conceited, just my opinion. I have my moments..when I feel like ewwwwww! But, hey in my opinion, I think everyone can be above average with a little help. :-)

• But that would be the new average so that is statistically impossible =P

• Show Older
    • average means. What most people are. So most people cannot be above average. Or even below average. Most people are average because that's what average means. It means most people are this

• haha possibly...or make up...some girls just do not know how to carry themselves...hair done in a certain way...certain clothes make your figure look more flattering...get facials..they make your skin complexion pretty..tanning...it makes most people look better (including me)..and etc...I kind of disagree with surgery..unless it was by a disaster of some kind and can be fixed..like being burned on your face or something...

• I think I'm average. Most people would agree that I'm not unattractive, but I'm nondescript.

• I'd say I'm just average :P

• I am average or below, depending on my hair and skin.

• I like your haiir xD

• weird. Cause I think you're pretty damn hot.

• Well QA, you're one of the first to tell me that. Thank you, though.

• I think that I'm average looking ...I have my flaws

• I'm not Fugly ha ha but I'm not picture perfect ether.

• You girls really need to stop being so damn hard on yourselves. I've seen so many girls posting that theyre below average or not 'pretty' but sh*t most of you are so freakin cute! You might not think you are a 'perfect picture' but I certainly think you are pretty, and I know tons of guys who would agree!

• Show Older
    • Oh well thank you [=

• Your hair is REALLY pretty, by the way :)

• I think I'm slightly above average or maybe just average because I just don't look ordinary.I have things that stick out like my super white skin and auburn hair and my eyes. Along with my body. But I'm certainly no where near perfect. Some people are just straight up conceited and others could be good looking with low self esteem and see themselves as ugly, vise versa.

• Unattractive...

• Average...LOL but I think I can be a below average hehehe...

• Girl...seriously? When your braces come off your gonna look like a kardashian :)

• Show Older
    • Below average? No. You are beautiful! Have confidence!

• LOl... thank you... Happy New year! ;)

• Average. Some guys think I am cute, others think I am okay, and some think I am unattractive. So I will go in between.

• That's weird. What age groups were they asking? Because if they asked a roomful of teenage girls they get hours of tearful stories of how they (the girls) are so ugly and all their friends are prettier and it's not fair...I put unattractive, but some days I feel average.

• college age up.

• i think I am unattractive. not so bad to where I am fugly, because I guess I have some OK characteristics. I don't know really why people say they are above average. yes beauty is an opinion I think that is a big reason why people say they are attractive, but of course you will have some conceited people too.

• Wrong. You're good looking.

• Show Older
    • lol I used to have confidence and was happy with my looks those are 3 years old. in the past three years I've been through a lot and my self esteem went down the toilet. I still look the same, but about 15 lbs more. trying to get back to how I used to view myself slowly...

• definitely attractive

• I dunno. I think I'm kinda uglyyyy.I put average I don't know -.-..

• u serious...?!

• Yeah...But people tell me I'm beautiful.Lies :O

• your gorjus!

• I'd say I'm a little above average. But then again that's just my opinion there's people I've met who consider my apperance average.

• you are so gorjus!

• Your so pretty! Have confidence!

• Well, it's become really popular for women be confident in their appearance. I'm not saying it's bad, it's just more common than usual for a woman to think she's hot by HER standards, rather than depending on outside feedback. Also, just because a woman answers this question today saying she says she's above average, doesn't mean she wakes up every morning feeling hot. I know for me, I go from thinking I'm beautiful to thinking I'm the least pretty person I know. I honestly think that's how all women must feel, they just don't want to tell you because we want to appear confident, the way we're told men like us to be and the way we should be to be emotionally healthy. I dunno. Maybe when some of us say we're above average, we're trying to convince you; and maybe we're trying to convince us too.As for me, I think I'm a girl who's pretty if you like my type, or just OK if you don't. Average to some, maybe above average to others.

• I think I'm average:)

• I'm 44 and I look much younger, and I have a really nice personality, so I think I'm above average. I also believe looks are definitely not everything...a person can be "fugly" but have an amazing personality, or can be gorgeous and have a crappy personality. So it truly depends on the person.

• umm no you're not 44, you're a friend of mine from class... :)

• Lol. Thanks...I guess? ;-)

• Just curious to know what constitutes a down vote on my own personal opinion? Weak.

• I like to think I'm pretty but if you don't then that's just another person's perspective :)

• I'm going with average on this one. I'm attractive, yes, but I've also got about 30 extra pounds on me. For a chunk of people, that's a problem. For the others, I'm lovely. I figure it balances out to be about normal.

• ive gotten better lookingin the past2 years ago. and I know I'm not gorgeous, but I still like acting conceided.

• I would say that I don't overestimate myself, yet I don't underestimate myself. I would consider myself fairly attractive, yet considering that my style of dress and personality, I may not be as attractive as other girls who put hours of effort into their appearence. I am very low maintanance and it doesn't take me more than 10 minutes to get ready. Considering that, I would say that I would fall along the lines of average, not because I'm not attractive, but rather because I am attractive but I don't bother putting as much effort as other girls do. So far, the way I am has brought about no complaints and I usually get a lot of compliments so I plan on being the same way for years to come.

• Show More

What Guys Said 34

• Ehhh... above average. ;)

• God... everyone loves statistics. So compelling. I'm going to start calling myself below average looking to appease your sense of scientific rigour.

• Numbers tell you everything. Everything

• Yeah, good luck with that.

• Well they do.

• average

• i voted unattractive for myself

• Below average, but my personality has made up for that in the past.

• I'm a beast.

• I'm around an average.

• I guess I'm average.

• I use to think I was fugly but slowly I have begone to think better and better of myself, mostly because I have been told by random people that I have nice hair and pretty eyes. I still don't like my eye's because of the hassle I have trying to describe them, they are blue in one light, green in another and gray when it's dime.

• My eyes are that way too! So very annoying...

• Show Older
    • heh heh. Give me a list of acceptable bearded men and we'll talk

• When I'm not fat I'm above average. When I am fat I'm FUGLY.

• unattractive to average. somewhere in there.

• I think your question was nice but it's too bad you biased it (involuntarily).You have an "above average" category, but instead of having a "below average" category you wrote "unattractive" which is very different than below average. That is why I believe 85% of people answer they are average of above.

• Im going with average because I constantly get the "Oh you remind me of this person!" or "I thought you were someone else" , gotta be pretty average to warrant those kind of comments

• You are definitely above average! Although I've gotta say I don't like tattoos :p

• Haha well thank you, that was actually really nice to hear :Pand my tattoos are usually covered (unless I'm topless) because they are for me so they aren't usually a problem

• way above average

• i think I'm above average. even if I'm not having confidence that I am makes up for it

• i always wonder , because some girls say I'm f***ing hot and keep staring , and girls don't even look at me .. so I guess if I'm there type I'm hot , if I'm not I'm just average

• Yesterday I was called "Ugg" but a girl, as in, like, yuck. But today I was called gorgeous, so I really don't know. But to be honest, I don't know, I'm probably average, I'm not hidious and I'm not Taylor Lautner, so I'm probably about average. But people get mixed up with average, average is sort of like "I'd do her, and I'd enjoy it, but it wouldn't be my first choice, or my fantasy", so people need to stop worrying about how they look, because you can always get laid. I'm about average, maybe even blow average, but I still get enough BJ's and sex to keep my happy, so I don't care. Another thing, it's hard to say, no one knows if they're really gorgeous or fugly, because they can't be attracted to themselves.

• They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So what is beautiful to one person may not be beautiful to another person. Or not as beautiful. Or more beautiful.I find myself to be relatively average.

• f*** this question, as if there is a standard..as if there is a definition of the words ugly or beautiful.f*** that, everyone is ugly, and everyone is beautiful.I voted myself as 'above average', but that's MY perception of what beauty or attractiveness is, nothing else.It's purely subjective, so please girls don;t be so insecure and post here that you're average or below average, hoping that guys will say that you're not ugly. Nobody is ugly.And if someone thinks you are ugly, he/she might not be that attractive to you!

• idk I thought I was ugly but I have been called cut by older girls lol

• I would say I'm average.

• on a good day, average

• dude. You get more compliments than I do.

• Show Older
    • I'll call in some favors...

• haha

• I don't rate my self girls do.

• I think I look fine do I cause ladies to orgasm when they see me, sometimes... Not really but yeah I think I fall under average

• I voted unattractive. Girl friends of mine have called me cute, sexy, hot, good-looking but I think hey just say those things because we're friends and they have to. I get no attention from girls otherwise.

• You are very welcome :)

• Way above average.Sometimes I would like to be a girl just so I could try to have sex with myself.

• I look at myself in the mirror... and I jizz in my pants.

• lool

• Nice! Two positive comments from a random girl on a single question! Awesome. :D

• Why does everyone say they're average? You gotta have some confidence!I'm beautiful ;)

• i think I'm average...girls have called me sexy before but they've also called me ugly.depends on taste really but idk...what do you think girls?

• Wait, so does this mean that if you think that you are average your actually butt ugly?

• no necesito. It's cause people have inflated views of themselves. Most people cannot be above average. Because that would become the new average. Just like IQ.

• Show Older
    • Lol so the average rating of other people will statistically be much lower then the average self rating. ha ha us poor humans.

• I actually think most people are attractive. So to me average is attractive yeah

• Show More