Are you average, above or averagly average looking?

In recent years many studies and surveys have gone out in the western world. And they have reached this conclusion.

72% of people consider themselves above average looking. Obviously this is impossible because of what average means.

So what do you think about this? Why is it? Are you above average?

Is it because beauty is opinion? Is it because people are hopelessly conceited? (Let me say something here. Every country had the same phenomenon. To the biggest extent the US to the least the UK but everyone had the discrepancy.)

So. Tell me how attractive you think you are. and tell me what you think of this phenomenon

• I am fugly
  • I am unattractive
  • I am average.
  • I am above average
  • I am freaking gorgeous
51% people have said above average so far. hmmmmmm
holy sh*t. 91 notifications. My best Q ever. THanks everyone

Most Helpful Girl

• I think people typically think of me as "pretty" or below average, but I've seldom encountered people who thought of me as average. However, I think of myself as average, generally, at least.

Those stats surprised me. I though people tended to think worse of themselves, but maybe they just pretend they do in public, even though they don't actually believe that... Also, I definitely believe beauty is an opinion! However, I also think some people are considered above average more frequently than others. And, last thing, as clichéd as this sounds, I believe everyone is beautiful in some way.

What Girls Said 64

• I basically relate with all of the women here "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" ..depends on the person looking at me, depends on the day, depends on my mood, sometimes I'm average/below average and sometimes I feel gorgeous. I will go with above average because I have nice eyes and hair:)

• I don't think I'm anything fantastic, but I don't think I'm entirely unattractive either. Interesting-looking, if anything, haha. So I'll go with average.

• Love your hair :)

• lol interesting looking. id say gorgeous...you are unique looking! good thing =)

• Aw, thank you! I think unique looks are a good thing too, personally. But I do realize that I'm not to everyone's taste, so not everyone will feel the same way, lol.

• I'm going with average on this one. I'm attractive, yes, but I've also got about 30 extra pounds on me. For a chunk of people, that's a problem. For the others, I'm lovely. I figure it balances out to be about normal.

• I think it depends on my hair and makeup of the day and clothes too... some times I look really ugly and some times average

• I have absolutely no idea. The only thing I'm certain of is that I'm not gorgeous and I'm not ugly. I don't think my features are common, in the US at least, so "average" doesn't quite describe me. Some people might find me cute/pretty, and other might not, it's just a matter of taste.

More from Girls
59

What Guys Said 34

• average

• They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So what is beautiful to one person may not be beautiful to another person. Or not as beautiful. Or more beautiful.

I find myself to be relatively average.

• God... everyone loves statistics. So compelling. I'm going to start calling myself below average looking to appease your sense of scientific rigour.

• Numbers tell you everything. Everything

• Yeah, good luck with that.

• Well they do.

• I think your question was nice but it's too bad you biased it (involuntarily).

You have an "above average" category, but instead of having a "below average" category you wrote "unattractive" which is very different than below average. That is why I believe 85% of people answer they are average of above.

• I would say I'm average.

More from Guys
29