Does color matter in high school? And if you were white would you be embarrassed to date a pretty black girl?

I'm a black chick and I hate to toot my own horn but I'm really pretty, I know because people have told me I should be a model (I'm not tall enough tho :( ) and when I ask everyone to rate me (I'm sorta shallow..hey everyone has their faults) everyone says I'm like an 8-9ish. I have really long hair and long eyelashes (and yes they are mine) but NO GUY has ever asked me out, like ever. Guys will only like me it seems for a month or a couple of weeks but then completely loose interest. I go to an all white school so I was thinking maybe it's because I'm black because no matter how fugly you look, if you're white (and no I'm not a racist) you can have the hottest guy at school. And I know it's only at this school cause when I go to the Bay Area hella guys try to talk to me and get my digits black and white (by the way I'm only attracted to white guys), so in high school is color still an issue?

I shouldn't have said I'm ONLY attracted to white guys I just said that because there's no point in liking a black guy anymore...nother question for another day baha

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're a model pretty girl you shouldn't be so unsure of yourself. Be super confident and stop trying to impress guys who can't see past your race. If you're a bad bitch act like it. A lot of times you will see a difference in the way guys at school treat you vs. guys in other areas treat you because you don't have the social politics and insecurities from people at your high school. Guys in the bay area have an unbiased view of you since they don't go to your school and deal with that high school drama.

BTW don't write off guys of your race. that's hypocritical to write off all black guys but then complain about white guys overlooking you because of your race. you never know the next guy to treat you right might be a black guy

• You're so right! I guess I just got caught up in it all, but there's this guy I'm starting to like and he's white and I'm going to leave all my biases and insecurities at the door and just talk to him...Thanks for the advice you rock!

What Guys Said 6

• color doesn't matter. SOME white guys are a little intimidated of black girls I know this because everyguy I know asks me "how do you do it man? get a black girl.. they're just so unpredictable" and I say "dude girls are girls" :}

• That makes so much sense! Which is why I'm getting the hell outta the boonies and going back to San Franny...Thanks! :D

• haha your welcome

• In this country (when I was still in HS) there were no blacks. They were allowed to come here from the sixties. (when Congo became independent)

I don't think I'd have any problem dating a black or brown or yellow girl, if she met my requirements.

• I think it's just cause I'm classy and other checks are easy :/

• Y is there no point in dating black guys?

• haha so many people ask me this, bottom line black guys (from my many expierences) treat black women like sh*t, we stand by you, stand up for you, and work our asses off to keep you happy but you just sh*t on our face, but when you get with a white girl, or anything that is not black, you bend over backwards for them and they don't know nor do half the sh*t we did to keep you happy. You guys just take advantage of strong black women and throw it in our face when you say, "Thats what's wrong with

• broken race, these spurns from slavery and white people dividing us up by the shade of color of our skins, pinning the dark blacks against the whites making the half breeds more accepted than the blacks who were not mixed. There are many factors to why the black community is no longer a community but I do not forsake my whole race, how could I? That would mean forsaking myself, my sister, my parents, family, and ancestors before me. I just have a preference that has nothing to do with 100% judge

• ment, I've always been attracted to other races more so than my own because I like things I don't know about if that makes sense, it's more exciting and new to me, but I'm open to any relationship as long as it's one with high quality and where it is equal

• No

• Race isn't NEARLY as big a deal as hotness. If you're hot, you'll get way more than your share of attention from guys of every race. Enjoy!

• I wouldn't be embarrassed. In fact, I'd welcome that. I didn't date anyone in high school, but I wouldn't have overlooked an attractive girl because of her race. It would be hard to say why they aren't dating you since I don't know you personally. It could be a variety of things. When they show interest in you the span of weeks and months, nothing materializes from that at all? Do they just stop talking to you as much?

• Yep it's like night and day, one day they're talking to their friends about me then the next they act like I never existed, personally I think it's cause I don't move fast I'm not a slut and a lot of girls there are like all on you if you just say hi to them but I don't give in to people that easy that's just how I was brought up I guess

• I should have known. I guess I forgot that you are in high school when I asked that. They're all recently pumped with testosterone, and most are willing to have sex with almost anything that moves.

What Girls Said 7

• If it didn't matter you wouldn't be asking about it! However, I think where you stand on the social scale is the most important thing. people never date outside their groups.

• If what didn't matter? ha ha yea which is why more than half of my 'old' school's population was ignorant and narrow minded

• You make a lot of sense I just wish I was back in elementary school sometimes where drugs, sex, boyfriends, jobs, college, grades, and life didn't matter and was uncomplicated...:/

• elementary school rocked. I miss not having any worries and not caring about anything.

• I don't know how things in high school in us and if there color still matters...but maybe the guys are just afraid to ask you out- because you are so pretty! That happens really often. They think they out of your leauge and even don't give it a try! Honestly and if guys don't tryin to hook up with you, because your black- than no matter how handsome they are-theyre not worth it! :-)

• If you're only attracted to white guys, then they may only be attracted to white girls so you can't complain. Date people for personality and not skin color. Don't worry I used to be like you too, but I learned to expand my horizons and get to know people of all backgrounds.

• I think your problem is more about your personality than your physical appearance.

• I beg to f***in differ I'm the best friend you will ever meet so yea I don't give a f*** anymore but thanks for your useless answer :)

• Yea that was hella rude sorry today has been a BAD day I do apologize I get you and yes I am the world's biggest baby bitch when I want to be and no I'm not judgmental just cautious but on the real I do thank you. It just pisses me off I do SOO much for people and they don't even care I'm treated like sh*t here and I'm just ready to graduate and move on with my life not like you care but yea :/

• We're cool. I understand we all have bad days and it's true I don't understand what you go through at your school but I hope it all works out for the best, and if it doesn't keep in mind summer is just around the corner :)

• no I don't think so I think people juss have different tastes maybe you should ask a guy out maybe thetre juss too shy

• Why is that? Guys are guys. Don't be shallow. It will come back to bite you. I speak from experience.

• No it shouldn't matter at all, because beauty is in the eye of the be holder.

And everyone and every person YES EVERYONE is Beautiful in there on way.