How to look hot in the winter?

So, I'm thinking about going to college up in Michigan, where I know it gets pretty cold and stays that way for most of the school year. What kinds of outfits can I wear in the winter that both keep me warm and make me look good? I hate being all bundled up in sweaters and jackets and sweatpants all the time, but then things like leggings and jeans are never warm enough! I love summer clothes like shorts and t shirts, but obv I wouldn't be able to wear shorts every day lol. Guys, what winter outfits do girls wear that really catch your attention, and girls what are some of the outfits you wear that keep you warm but also look cute? Thanks :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I actually prefer girls in winter up here, because it's easier to pick out the ones who have real class from the ones who don't. A nice jacket, jeans, a cute cap and the most important thing would be boots. A pair of good-looking boots clicker-clacketing down the side walks yanks my eyes to the source.

Girls who go to lengths showing off their bodies during winter(skirts or dresses going out on town, any tight leggings at all), are usually very insecure, at least here. If it appears you can't showcase yourself without baring skin or curves, it usually speaks volumes to guys about your confidence. Makes you shark bait on town.

So my tip is, show class and wear boots. That always attracts me. Girl in a miniskirt in summer rarely gets half the attention I give a cute-looking girl who knows to dress herself, in winter. Or summer, for that matter, haha.

Also, wool underwear, as in shirt(exists in t-shirt varieties as well) and leggings, under a sweater and jeans, keeps you warm while not being too bulky like a second sweater would be. Might itch if you're not used to it, but if Michigan is anywhere near as cold as here, guys are very used to girls actually dressing warm instead of freezing half to death in skimpy clothing.

Not that I'm implying that you'd wear a skirt during winter, or anything, just making general observation of college girls here.

• michigan is close to the canadian border. while canada is cold, its not as cold as iceland. she's gonna be in southeastern mich. so itll be warmer than where I'm gonna be, northwestern mich.

• Canada is a whole, big, lot colder than Iceland and Scandinavia both, I'll promise you that. Inland climate in Canada vs. coastal climate with the Gulf Stream.

What Guys Said 4

• Two good tips. One, if your wearing layers, tuck in your undershirt. I know some people don't like that, but it blocks out the windahnd is MUCH warmer. In fact, if there's a really chilly, biling wind, it's even warmer to tuck ion to shirts. Another thing that does is a sweater or top belted at the waist, as well as an Anorak style coat, (one that belts or cinches at the waist) or a belted trench coat...

• Just whatever you do, make sure you're prepared for everything, seriously... Michigan weather is crazy! lol

First and foremost, just stay warm, but definitely aim to look classy. That's really all I can say. Us guys LOVE a cute, classy girl... :)

• 0|0
  • Bikini. I guarantee it'll get you attention and you'll look hot. Go onnn do it! I dare ya!

• LOL and that'll keep me warm for sure!

• just think warm thoughts and you'll be busy watching all the guys fall over when you walk past so it won't matter :D

What Girls Said 6

• I would get a nice fitting winter jacket, a great scarf, hat and mittens as well as a good pair of winter boots. Something that is durable, not like uggs because they don't hold up well to winter up north (I'm Canadian and live close to Michigan :) ). Good accessories can help make you look great in the winter, and make it tolerable to deal with having to bundle up in the winter.

Get some good wool socks, it will help keep your feet warm. Also for pants, jeans can be worn as well as dress pants, thick corduroy, sweat pants, yoga pants, etc can be worn and alternated. I usually wear yoga pants or dress pants, but jeans also are worn a lot and look good with pretty much anything. Get some good sweaters also, knits, cardigans, cashmere, anything that will look good and also help keep you warm. A good thing to do is to dress in layers also, I know it's annoying but trust me you will get hot inside and need to take a few layers off during the day. But to go outside you might want to put a few back on. Get a big bag that you can carry extra mitts, hats, socks, and whatever else you will need in.

Hope that helps :)

• I say layers are your friend. What I like to do is put on a tank top or cami, then a tight t shirt, then a long sleeved thermal, then on top of that you can put a cute fuzzy hoodie and then a coat. don't forget a scarf and mittens and boots.

on the bottom I would say do some leggings. if you want to wear a skirt, then do thick tights with leggings over them or even two pairs of leggings, then put a skirt over than and do thick socks and boots. or you can do a pair of tights with jeans over them and go with sneakers. it all depends on your style, but if you want to be warm, then thin layers are the most effective, along with more weatherproof outerwear.

things that cover your extremities like warm socks, gloves, scarves, and hats are also way cute.

link

link

not all of those are warm, but a lot of them are.

• Hey it's easier in the winter...thick stockings, boots, black dresses, scarfs long coat...

Many options

• Blazers

Over the knee boots

Fitted/skinny jeans

Cute accessories

Pretty sweaters

Fitted coats

Leggings with cute designs

• sweaters can be really cute

• uggs. cute tight shirt - and cadigans