How does one become less shallow?

There are awesome girls out there who have great personalities but are just average, fat, ugly, or fugly. How do I become attracted to these women?

It's hard because I've been programmed. It's almost like having a bad habit, but it's worst because I do it subconsciously. Maybe, I'll just stay single forever. It seems easier that way. Thanks for the input.

Most Helpful Guy

• Try developing a relationship with them online and talk for a few months before you know what they look like. You'll learn that there's many types of compatibility beyond physical, and many people you are physically attracted to can really be dumb as rocks, no offense to the rocks.

What Girls Said 5

• When you figure out, let me know. I'm the type of person surrounded by tons of nice, sweet, intelligent guys but I only end up falling for the jerks that are attractive. *sigh* Life would be so much easier if I could just find an attractive nerd interested back in me.

But in other words.. I feel your pain. XD

• It's hard for me sometimes to talk to the girls I'm really attracted to. All of my flaws pop in my head, and then I just become a friend. I can talk to girls who are average. I'm trying to see if it's possible to overcome that initial physical connection.

• See with me.. I don't necessarily have a PROBLEM with talking with them, it just seems like all the boys I don't like end up liking me, and all the ones I do like end up don't. So something is obviously not right there. I've been trying to find a way to overcome that physical connection and the only exception to the rule I have found is when the guy miraculously builds up sexual tension with me, then I'm hooked.

• Wow overcoming that is not hard is just called realizing that only less than 5% percent of the population are not celebrities, supermodels, or good looking people. Plus you have to understand that a what matters is not physical appearance that goes away as you age and what matter is the way a person carries his/herself. Just give this type of girls a chance and don't feel bad if you can't overcome your shallowness its normal everyone wants someone that meets their standards!

• Be attracted to them through morals, intellect, and their little quirks. My ex was someone I was not physically attracted to, but I was attracted to his personality so I started to feel that way about his outward appearance.

• Get to know them more.

Maybe if you try and force yourself to breeze pass thier looks and become thier friends, you might actually be attracted to thier personality.

lol this won't work for me though. I'm wayy wayy to picky. Thats's why I don't have and boyfriend...

• Firstly, look in the mirror and HONESTLY rate yourself out of 10! Okay, so you've found out you're NOT the 10/10 you thought you were and you are NOT entitled to a female of that standard. Now get real and start getting to know someone more on your level!

For God's sake...

What Guys Said 4

• just don't focus on their face/body.

use you other senses more than your eyes

• just get to know them better that's all and you will probley fall in love with them plus get to know sexy girls and find out how ugly they are on the inside and one day it'll hit you plus pussys assholes titys aren't that diffrent from each other

• Get drunk

• easy when you are having sex with them, they are not as ugly any more. BAAAAAAAMM!