GUYS how would you feel about buying lingere?

how would you feel if you asked your girlfriend what she wanted as a gift and she said sexy underwear or bra? would you like buying that stuff for her since she wants to make you happy?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I don't like it. I was once told to buy her some underwear. And I trotted off to get without ever giving it a thought. I got to the store and they had tables full of underwear, all sizes and kinds. And I had no idea what size to buy. After about 15 minutes I finally spotted a girl with about the same size rear end on her and explained my dilemma. At first she thought I was the village pervert, but as I explained it she laughed and really got into it. She told me what size I needed, and told me to get cotton, and why, and even helped me pick out which ones to buy. Embarrassed the hell out of me, but I got them home and they were a perfect fit. And I told her to take care of them because I was never doing that again.

What Guys Said 15

• First off I've always found that it's actually more fun to do this with the girl I'm with. If it's on-line shopping she can make sure what I pick out will fit and it's also something she will actually enjoy wearing and something I would like to see. In an actual store (Fredricks of Hollywood or Victorias Secret both have stores in my area) I can have her try on things till we both find something we like. If the guy is shopping on his own the people in the store can usually be a much better help than most people think. You just have to make sure he knows your sizes.

As far as me actually buying it.. yea, if I saw something I knew she would like and I knew I would like seeing her wear, I'd buy it.

• I had a girlfriend and we were engaged to be married. We were together for a long time and I bought her lingere. She said that she loved what I bought, but she told me once that she didn't like what I bought. After many years of being together, this was the first time I knew that she didn't like anything I bought her in the lingerie line. Needless to say I was shocked and told her that she should have let me know what she didn't like.

I spent a lot of time selecting the lingerie and I was not embarassed to buy it for her. I just wish she had told me what she liked and didn't like. We are still friends but we are no longer engaged. I don't know if this is your situation, but at least tell the guy what you do like or don't like of what he bought. It is only fair to him, because that is the only way he will really know what you like. If you do that, you could end up in a long-term relationship.

• Agreed -- that stuff's often expensive too. You shouldn't have been allowed to waste your funds on stuff she just didn't like anyway.

To be honest, you're better off not being around a girl like that. She hides the truth from you where small stuff like this is concerned, you don't now what else she's hiding...

• I've bought lots of underwear for my GFs. I prefer to take them with me, because you never know 100% for sure if it will fit right, but I've bought stuff many times without them too.

I've pretty much always known my GF's bra sizes, but panties are a bit harder, so it's best if you know her size and style (hint: look at her laundry).

Honestly, it's the only clothes shopping that I actually enjoy doing.

• Of course I would like to buy her one if that's what she wants for birthday.

Though, I can imagine the awkward moment I would experience while I pay for the lingerie at the store...

...

• I do it all the time actually, it's a kind of a turn on actually. I do it because I like just being told to do it no matter what. Gives that extra push to convince myself will do it but it's weird because once I get there is a turn on if I do see girls giggling when they see me shopping for panties. A bra is a lot harder to get by the way, it's takes a lot more time to find just the right one as you probably know. I still feel from some reason that the hardest thing for a guy to buy is to have to pick up a single tube of lipstick lol. For some reason, that's a tricky one but the bottom line, every guy should do it if they care about the girl. It's not gay or anything, I think it makes a guy more manly if he can proudly go buy stuff for his g\f or wife or whoever. One quick tip though, girls...it's not gonna be perfect lol, don't put him down...he tried.

• Its fun and my girl loves it:) nothing like showing it off for me... one thing guys make damn sure you get the right size... nothing worse than trying to be sweet and making your girl feel bad about her figure...

• Lol love it, but I like shopping with the girl better then going by myself. I also like it if she surprises me. Oneof the things that I like the most is if a girl has really nice/sexy undergarments. It's really cool that she likes to ware them and that she cares enough about herself to actually take time to pick them out.

• I'd do it just to make HER happy. If it makes her feel extra *ahem* attracted to me, that's a side bonus. If she has lingerie that makes her feel extra sexy and confident, it shows in her demeanor just in day to day activities (or so I've found...)

• I really like buying lingerie for my girlfriend, but my favorite is when she asks me what type of lingerie should she buy and I give her the details such as color, lace, etc, and then she buys what I think she would like. This way it leaves a surprise for me, and lets her be creative and pick something that she likes.

• LOL, you only feel embarrassed the first time or if you are very young, after that it's no different that buying a pair of socks.

• I would walk in there like a boss, and buy some underwear!

• i would make her try them on for me at the store ;p

• I'd love to do that! I'd love that she's asking me to buy her something that she's gonna use to seduce me!

• It would be doubly flattering -- that she's doing it for me, and that she trusts my choice!~

• Im always going to victoria secret and buying my girlfriend stuff

What Girls Said 3

• If he was my boyfriend then that would be fine (like in your case). Everybody likes presents after all.

• A friend of mine knew his wife bought all her stuff from VS, so he went in before Valentine's Day only to be struck dumb by the selection options.

A sales clerk with bizarre hair and a very flowy skirt jangled her breacelet-clad arms at him in greeting and asked if he needed help.

Being shy, he muttered the details of what he was looking for.

"OOOH, SURE HONEY," the clerk says loudly, "I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, BUT THOSE ARE **OLD**!"

"You mean there isn't a single one in this store?"

"WELL, THERE'S THIS PAIR FOR SURE." she says, lifting her skirt for a full minute.

He froze, blushed, and nearly died. I'm not sure whether or not he was able to choke out a silent prayer.

She let her skirt drop, apparently oblivious to the stares she'd attracted. "I'LL GO SEE IF WE HAVE SOME IN THE BACK. DON'T GO AWAY, SWEETIE!"

I was on the second floor in fragrances when I got his call: "Come...and...get...me." He said through clenched teeth.

"No," I started to argue, "I told you this has to be personal."

"N-O-W!" I swear, I actually heard him from the staircase rather than the phone. I rushed down to find him beet red...wide-eyed...petrified!

I asked for a manager. Another girl in the store helped me piece the story together, and my poor friend just looked miserable. What was meant to be a quiet day at the mall turned out to be a major fiasco.

I'll never forget that this was the day he finally caved in and made his first online shopping purchase.

Sigh.

• you know, a lot of guys shop for lingerie. I've seen them walking around the stores