What do guys look for in a girl?

what is it that guys really look for in a girl? this happens to me and I feel like I'm doing something wrong. when I first like a guy and they like me and we are just starting out to get to know one another. I feel like they start looking at me more like a friend than a girl friend type. I think its because I'm to nice and polite. I thought that guys would like that about a girl. I'm a very cheerful girl and I go out of my way for people. I don't know what it is but I think maybe most guys look for aggressive and stubborn girls. maybe they like a little challenge. but is that really the case cause I don't understand what it is about me that they would not like as a girl friend. some times I think I'm a little to nice and I really don't like being mean but how would I be able to keep a guy if they lose interest that I'm to nice. what is it that guys really look for when wanting a relationship with a girl?

What Guys Said 2

• So, fair question, what does a guy look for in a girl? Well as mentioned, it does vary from guy to guy, but in general these stand out:

1. Every guy has his certain type.
    Without a doubt, physical appearance factors in, and when it comes to dressing up and going out, he might like to show off how beautiful you are. However, there is a fine line between “trashy” and “attractive.” Dress appropiately.

2. Personality.
    Thinking you own everything with the intent to rule won’t get far with a man who’s also successful and attractive. He knows he can find a lady who’s humble, hot and offers some substance. A bad personality is fatal.

3. The conversation
    Intelligence is important. Being an airhead is unattractive and often a deal breaker. I hear a lot of ladies talk about communication with men; however, it’s a two-way street. Opposites very well may attract, but sometimes in relationships, they don’t work in effect.

4. Give him your all or nothing.
    Be open. If you give him 100 percent of yourself, he’s more likely to reciprocate; the better a girl treats me, the better I treat her.

I hope that helps and clears some of the things up, if you have more question you know where to find me :)

• It differs from guy to guy, some guys like cheery girls some like not so cheery girls. There is such a thing as being too kind however, I personally used to be the type of person who would help anyone with anything, although life has molded that little trait of mine.

I used to know a girl who was pretty spazzy (not saying you are). At first I thought it was cute but then it got a bit too much.

If you're looking for a personal opinion, right now I'm finding myself highly attracted to a girl who makes her self out to be almost emo on the outside but once she lets you in you find she's actually a very kind and sweet person. The thing is it didn't take too much for her to let me in, but she and I hit it off pretty quick since we've had similar. problems in the past and therefor can relate to each other.

Hope that helps a bit, even if it is a little belated.

What Girls Said 0