Should I Get Plastic Surgery?

I'm sick of never been seen as attractive. Guys never flirt with me-they don't even check me out while I walk by. I try to dress nice and work out, but nothing about my body changes. I think plastic surgery would be a really good option, but then I worry people will think I'm fake. ( link

What's your opinion on surgery? Would you judge someone who has had work done?

Most Helpful Guy

• yes I don't like it when they get work done on their face. as I told this girl yesterday not to do the same thing, it's only you who thinks your ugly not anyone else.

and if you get surgery don't it will damage your personality to be someone you're not, it'll make you snotty, and a brat. eventually you think you're the best and smart guys will take advantage of your ego.

you're a retard if you get surgery done.

Start natural, and end natural.Be the best person you can be ever, so that when people remember you they will remember you as someone good and unafraid of who they are, and not some doll hiding herself.

What Guys Said 9

• Oh, wow, you're SOOOOO CUTE! I don't think you NEED it, but I respect your feelings. If you TRULY think you need this to really be happy, then do it. However, I'd approach you right now as is, N there's got to be SOME guys near you wih brains & taste, so I honestly think that if you don't, someone will still come along that wants you...

• There will be a boy who will like you...just wait for such a guy for your life...attraction is not something to be earned but given...matches are made in heaven and you'll get that for your life...all that you need to do is, just go ahead, act normal...be normal...be funny and open hearted...you'll be attracted...

• I vote no on that. I see nothing wrong with you. I would understand someone who's ugly wanting plastic surgery, but you're clearly not. In fact, you're pretty cute. Sounds like you might have self esteem issues though.

• Why do you think I might have self esteem problems?

• Because you're considering getting plastic surgery to improve your looks. I don't know what your thoughts are, but I think of plastic surgery as either a last resort for ugly people, reconstruction for severe injuries, or for celebrities I don't care about. You don't fit any of those categories.

There's nothing wrong with you, you look good!

• I think you should get plastic surgery if you really don't feel like men find you attractive.

Every person should feel wanted and you should not feel this way about yourself your whole life.

I wouldn't think less of someone who got surgery done as long as she is happy about herself and looks natural:) NOT like a plastic barbie doll, that is just creepy like heidi montag

• you don't look ugly at all lol. Plastic surgery won't make you universally attractive. There will always be people who don't think you are appealing, but you need to work on your personality a bit. When it comes to looks, you look great *and I'm not just saying that to make you feel better lol*. I'm stunned that you are thinking this way =/

• In short, No.

In long, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

• This whole thread is about how I'm ugly. I've had guys tell me they like me personally, but would never ever date me cause I'm not physically attractive to them. Considering how single and rejected I am, it seems to be that the vast majority of guys would NOT date a woman they found unattractive no matter how awesome her personality.

• Huh. Well, okay. I feel like you're stuck in your own opinion, not actually looking for input, but I have to tell you, you're wrong. Many guys, myself included are not that shallow, and if you're looking for a lifetime partner, one who I hung up on looks is not going to be one who you'll have a lasting relationship with.

• That's a lot of Avatar...and you're not ugly, you probably just don't hang out with the proper crowd that would fit you.

• I used my photobucket to create a "mood" theme for my LJ back in the days of my blog-tastic youth. Define "proper crowd"?

• Well, for example, guys who hang out in this website...they seem pretty nice fellows. I'm not saying to date online, just saying that you should go to where nice people go...I'm assuming you don't hang out in those areas because you said that guys don't hit on you when you walk around, so it kind of sounds like you're looking in the wrong location? But anyways, on plastic surgery. I'm not against it but it's not cheap. Honestly, if you HAVE to get plastic surgery then you might get it on

• if that is you in the red shirt, then NO! you're way cute and seem to have a nice figure as well -- to each their own -- but you did ASK -- and I say no way do you need plastic surgery

• Yeah get the nose job and a curly wavy hair you would be hot

What Girls Said 8

• Please don't. It won't fix the problem. You gotta learn to love yourself, cheesy as that sounds. I mean because if you get surgery, who's to say when you'll stop getting it? You know what I mean? You're beautiful the way you are, and the kind of guys that will be attracted to you because of surgery are not worth your time anyway.

• So, the kinda guys that attracted to me... you mean none of them?... And if I never stop, is that so bad? It means I could finally be attractive, cause really, I'm NOT beautiful the way I am...

• I'm unhappy because I don't have anyone that loves me, and honestly hobbies/volunteering just doesn't cut it (I have hobbies and do volunteer and I'm not any happier.) And isn't attraction part of long term love? No guy is even gonna give me a chance at love if he can't get past how I look...

• I don't think anyone can help you decide what to do. You sound like you've made up your mind. I wish you luck and pick the guy carefully...that's all I can say.

• You absolutely do not need surgery. If you want a dramatic change, grow out your hair a bit, wear some makeup - little silly things like that also make you feel pretty, and boost your self-confidence. And you have a great smile, show that off like crazy.

• I'm in the same boat as you, honey, and there are times I feel the same way. There are days where I believe if I don't get a nose job in the near future, I'll end up never leaving my house.

To be completely honest, I think you're cute. However, if after a long and tough look at yourself and all your options you decide you want plastic surgery, you have the right to get it without expecting grief from other people.

• See I think you look amazing! I'd KILL to have that beautiful red hair and nice eyes. I have several nerd guy friends that would absolutely worship you; trust me, you don't need ANYTHING done, you're Geeky Glamor Gorgeous!

• Lol, thank you. I like that title. Also, my red hair cost me $40. My natural hair color is a very boring light brown. I like your dark brown, but I definitely think you could pull off red.

• folks just cause no one compliments you doesn't mean they don't find you attractive. I took me years to work up the nerve to compliment random girls.

You're both hot. Live with it

• I don't think you need plastic surgery. I've had the plastic surgery vs no plastic surgery conversation with many of my guy friends and all of them prefer natural when it comes to relationships with girls. They said plastic surgery girls are only good for sex and arm candy.

• But isn't that what guys want... Someone for sex/arm candy? I mean, yeah, you need a personality... But a girl who is ugly but has a good personality is just a friend, right?

• i meant plastic surgery girls are only good for hump and dump.

• In my opinion no, but its your life, no one elses opinion really matters if you want it, get it.

• hmmmm...god made you that way for a reason.

• I haven't seem your photo, however I am all for plastic surgery, doesn't Matter what people think what matters is what you think, and if you think you will better with it, do it, why not? I did and I am way prettier now, I feel better and That's what matters and if I had more money I would do more like a lipo ...

• Get it only if you feel as though you will benefit from it.