The cowboy look - pro or con?

I'm really interested in trying the Western/cowboy/country singer look. What do y'all think of it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think a cowboy look is super cute, AND sexy! :D

So go for it and rock that cowboy look. :D

• I don't mean to be creepy or overly forward, but... you're my new favorite person. :D

• "Go for it and rock that cowboy look"! You could've merely said, "Yeah, sure, try it," but instead, you gave it an appreciated pinch of yowza. :D

Not to mention using that word "sexy" that's way awesomer than "it's kind of cute."

• Haha, aww. Well I just love cowboy looks so maybe that's why I reacted like that. xD But it looks good though. :O :D

What Girls Said 11

• I can dig it. =] For me it mainly depends on the guy. I like it a lot on some, and not at all on others.

• If the guy grew up in the West on a farm, it makes sense and looks good. Otherwise, I'm not sure why a guy would have the cowboy look.

• I just think it looks handsome. I mean, I see men who rock it both actual farmers/ranchers/country slickers, as well people like me who live in the suburbs and rock it for fun and I think they look rather nice. Plus, I like it better than some, for lack of a better word, "city" styles (i.e. pants down to the ankles, the male socialite, etc.).

• Fair enough. I'm not saying it's a bad look. This guy, for instance, looks totally cute in his cowboy hat-- link

• Ah, I gotcha. And yes, the gentleman does look rather nice. :)

• If you lived on a farm then yes. Otherwise no.

• It's hot. I love me a cowboy. ;P

• love it. do it. haha

• i always thought the hillbilly look came from the south.. like texas and arkansas

but its OK for some guys, normally I don't really think its an attractive look tho

• Not a fan at all.. sorry.

unless you're a farmer..

• PRO! it's awesome and sexy!

I actually know why that is, it's the weird combination of Hot and Handsome. That's very rare to find.

So if you can pull it off, definitely go for it! :)

• Thank you for your spirited answer! :D It's definitely nice to get a little zest, instead of just, "Okay, try it." :)

• haha anytime! :D

ya for that, I'm always the one you want! :P

• it can be cute. don't don't wear it all the time

• pro if you live in the south if not you just look like an idiot

• I'm not a fan. I like people who dress sort of like, business casual. It shows you are clean, you seem to have a future outlook and also you look like a decent person to date. At least for me

What Guys Said 8

• Let's just say you will get a better class of women with the cowboy look as opposed to emo, goth or rocker look. Chicks that like guys who wear the western look are hot hot hot. I have been dressing like that since I was a kid, because that's how we dress where I am from, and hell ya I had had some hot gfs including my current gf.

• Unless you are knee-deep in sh*t and within arms length of a cow, you have no business dressing like a cowboy. Some guys always wear large belt-buckles, have their thumb in their pocket and are perpetually chewing on... something. It looks comical. I'm a guy so feel free to take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I would rather dress up as one of Chief Tyrol's deck crew than in boots, flannel, buckle and hat.

• I concur with this. I grew up working cattle and on a farm in western KS, and I believe you genuinely have to be a cowboy to pull off the cowboy look.

• Ujnless you're in cowboy country in Colorado, the gays have stolen his look, so be prepared to be so identified!

• Ya that's not true at all, where I live it is normal to see guys and women with cowboy hats, boots, and belt buckles, and they're not gay nor does anyone think they are.

• You must be in REAL cowboy country. That's my point. In the urban scene, this is mostly a gay 'look.'

• For me, the cowboy look fits some guys and others it doesn't. Maybe it works for you.

• Just watch the moose knuckle protrusion with the Wranglers. It's craziness. Big ass belt buckle already draws attention to the crotch area...then bam...moose knuckle.

Perhaps some women dig the moose knuckle?

• Personally, I would want to punch you in the face if I saw you. Not that I would, but the thought would certainly cross my mind. I hate country music, and I hate the country look even more. Leave that to the Western movies.

• Don't try to be something you aren't. If you wear a cowboy hat and you are not comfortable then it will be obvious. Don't just do it for the girls do it because you like it and it is comfortable.

• where do you get the jeans?

• Honestly, I just buy my jeans at Target. I know it's not real, but truthfully, I can't see a visual difference between Target jeans and the stuff at western wear stores.