Does a man's/boy's looks matter to a girl?

hey does a guys look matter,

Most Helpful Guy

• Never let anyone answer that question with 'No'. They are lying.

Looks help, because attraction forms bonds which can lead to desire, lust and hopefully love. It also gets you noticed quicker in a more positive way.

This question is easily answered by breaking it down into two very basic questions:

Does being ugly impact on dating chance? Yes.

Does being handsome lower dating chance? No.

That said, people have different likes and dislikes. Some people like fat people, others like short people and so on. What some people consider ugly others would consider wonderful.

But the overall beauty as defined by symetrical appearance with little blemishes, in most cases, helps towards a relationship.

So basically looks do matter to females as it does to males. But the bigger point is everyone is different, an not everyone pleases everyone else. So if you are worried, don't be. Someone is out there. :)

• I have been asked out by some really hot guys, but I always say no because they are complete jerks when you scratch the surface. I think looks are really nice. but if you have a hot guy and he turns out to be a jerk , it's like having a cupcake with nice fluffy frosting on top, but once you take a bite ,you find nothing but a mud pie underneath the surface.

• Love is a complicated thing that can't really be singled down to how a person looks or acts. There are many different parts of a relationship which can effect whether people are right for each other - most people want good looking and friendly loves, though. It makes sense.

I like your comparison though, quite interesting. Take a bite from a tasty, juicy looking apple only to find it bitter and dry on the inside. :)

What Girls Said 12

• It does to a point. Looks aren't the most important thing in a relationship by a long shot. However, it does play a big part in whether or not I'd be interested in dating a guy to find out if he has the other things that matter more. Looks to me are like a prerequisite, but that doesn't mean he has to be hot, just as long as I'm attracted to him. You need to have an attraction to have that desire like Jawless said. If I'm not attracted to the guy then I'm not gonna be happy in a relationship with him.

Also, a guy could be TOO good looking for me. I don't think I'm the most beautiful girl in the world, so dating an extremely hot guy would make me worry that he'd find someone prettier. Unless we had a really deep connection.

• Yes and no.

Attraction is a necessary piece of a relationship.

That being said the definition of that attractiveness varies person to person.

You might not look like Brad Pitt or a male model but that doesn't mean your not attractive, and it works the opposite way, you might look like a celebrity or model and that doesn't necessarily mean your attractive.

• To an extent - yes. I mean obviously you have to be attracted to the person in some way. But it's also about who you are as a person. You can be great looking but be a jerk- that wouldn't work. According to me you should be a good person. But that doesn't mean you have to be like amazing in the looks department. Looks are not the most important thing. (:

• To some extent yes. I need to be somewhat physically attracted. But it's not the most important factor. Good hygiene is a MUST. haha.. but seriously. But other than that, he just needs to have a good personality and be sweet :). But beauty is only skin deep. People need to see more than just physical attraction.

• Girls do care about looks, especially when it's a first impression.

• to me, for initial attraction yes it does.

• Yes, looks matter to both genders.

• yeah looks matter. if I'm not attracted to the guy I won't go out with him or sleep with him. if I am then he has a chance depending on personality

• Have you ever looked at a fat, ugly girl and said..

" I would really like to get to know her. She probably has an awesome personality."?

Don't think so

• of course. I need to be attracted to him

• F*** yes.

• It sure does...just like guys believe a womans looks matter.

What Guys Said 1

• it's not just how good he looks, but also the size down below. So if you are a good looking guy with a small one, girls will laugh like the humanoids they are, and ditch you. So in short looks and penis size matter most to a girl, sad but true.