Do guys notice girlie girls more?

I have always been one of the guys and never gets notice. Guys want to chat with me but then when they see a hot girl they stop the chat. The guys always want to hang but never ask me on a date. What can I do to be more girly. I wear make up, like video games, don't care if I get dirty, ready to try new things, and mostly just wear a t-shirt, jeans and shoes. I don't wear dresses and heels. The one time I wore heels I got made fun of. Is this bad?

I am asking this question because I have a friend that all guys think is hot. I always get bypassed for. She wears boxers, guys perfume, guys deo, guys shampoo and guys conditioner and she acts exactly like a guy but every guy I know likes her.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am not a girlie girl either I naturally look feminine because I am small and have delicate features and my voice is very feminine and apparently my mannerisms (according to a friend I move in a feminine way) but I have a very sarcastic sense of humor, I go for comfort in my clothes because I like to be active and play around, I honestly can't put on make up, my hair is wild and free, and I walk every bit like a dude in heels I am a little unrefined I admit. I totally eat in front of people and a lot but I keep fit. So a certain type of guy doesn't notice me unless one of my female friends literally dresses me up but whenever she does that the guys approaching me are propositioning me for sex and that's not the sort of attention I want. When I am natural I do get noticed usually by the nice guys, guys who are intelligent, with a wicked sense of humor so I can totally accept that. Ask yourself what type of guy you want too attract if you just want guys to feed your ego a bit and don't care about the quality of attention then you could get a female friend with some style to help you play dress up. That type of attention will never help you develop real confidence though and real confidence is what's sexy, that will turn the guys heads faster than any amount of superficial enhancement. If you want the attention of a guy you could see yourself in a relationship with be yourself period. Nice guys can be shier to approach and they may not be so blatantly obvious. If you are constantly friend zoned then you could try flirting a little (I am playfully flirtatious), opening up a little, showing different dimensions of your personality (but don't fake anything or force anything) because you may have been a bit pigeonholed. Guys may also not know you are looking for someone romantically if you are shy in the romance department unfortunately that can come off as uninterested so you will have to train in talking to people and being more clear with what you want. I don't understand the usual games so I decided to go the strait-forward route besides I hate the drama of games. I'd also look to meet guys out of your social circle, these guys may have known you for years. One more thing its easy to notice guys checking out someone else but we often miss it when people check us out so.

What Guys Said 21

• I would say that men do generally prefer feminine girls.

Having said that, it's girlie that you wear make-up, so points there. Liking video games is probably also a plus, most guys like video games, provided it's not all that you talk about or do.

Don't care if you get dirty. Again, that's probably a non-issue, assuming that you bathe regularly and only get dirty when doing something that requires it, like a sport. If you walk around looking disheveled all the time, like messy hair and dirt on your face, then guys will not find that attractive.

Ready to try new things is a plus for most, an essential for many.

T-shirt, jeans, and shoes... nothing really wrong with that. Jeans anyway. T-shirt aren't necessarily unattractive, but they don't usually show off your curves very well so they aren't exactly attractive, if that makes sense. For similar feel, try a blouse or a nice button up shirt, go for soft fabrics like silky ones. A girl should spend a bit on her clothes, that is important if you want to look feminine. You do need to have some style.

Not wearing dresses is fine. It's nice to see you in a dress once in a while though, like Christmas Parties or something.

You got made fun of for wearing heels? Do you just walk funny because you aren't used to them? Then just practice on your own once in a while. Did you get made fun of because your feet are unattractive? Then get a pedicure or wear close-toed footwear. Paint your toes anyway, that's very feminine and frankly natural toes aren't that expressive or exciting.

• I do like painting my nails and like wearing high heels. I do wear girlie stuff when I go out and I still don't get notice. majority of the time I get made fun even if I do have a girlie moment.

• I am the only 1 that always gets made fun of that way. But when I make fun of them to get them back the guys take it seriously. I even say it in away to make it sound like a joke, but they get mad at me if I say damn those shoes are bright it is going to blind me for life.

• damn you need more laid back guys in your life

• No. The same. But there are boys that notice them more and there are boys that notice them less.

And no, that is not bad. Be glad. You are perfect friend and you are not hit on only for sex (which girls who you are talking about are) There will come a guy who will notice you for who you are (hence not because of how you look) and nothing will stop him from getting you. Believe me.

• Idk I like girls that aren't all caught up in being full of makeup and all that. They usually cause too much drama and they want tons of attention showered on them. Plus I've also noticed they get majorly ticked off from some minor thing that you were suppose to know they wanted without them asking...

So honestly I would rather spend time with a girl that doesn't worry about appearances and all that crap. They know how to talk and how to be polite. I know not all the girlie ones are like that but unfortunately most are, and that means you have a small chance of running into one that isn't like that.

So yeah there are guys out there that will like you, so don't worry. You'll find someone.

• I'm attracted to girlie girls, but not the ones who wear makeup, high heels, dresses, etc. My lady is a girlie girl in her own unique way. She crazy about pink, wears cute little flowery shoes (or hot pink boots!), slightly suggestive tops, and tight black pants. She's very girlish and feminine, but almost never wears makeup, and has her own look at the same time. I think that's important, to develop your own style and be confident in it, proclaiming who you are with pride. Unique style wins out over popular style any day, in my book.

• Develop your own unique style. Something that makes you stand out. And I don't know about all that guy stuff that your friend wears, I don't think I'd be attracted to a girl that wore Old Spice for Men and Curve for men. Just a touch of make up and some elegant clothing and confident should do the trick. Also, if guys are bypassing you then time you find some new guys to hang out with.

• No, because it's who you are. Heels & frilly, girlie clothes aren't your style apparently, N it's always best to be yourself. if you do start dressing more girlie, I suspect you won't like it, N that usually shows. The problem is probably that you don't look like you'll easily give the one thing guys that age want, N that's a good thing. You'll find a guy who likes you for being you, I'm sure of it...

• Maybe that girl. while mannish, IS willing to put out. If you want to look more gilie, though, maybe wear some blouses and skirts. Try tucking or belting a top at the waist too, something to accent N call attention to your curves. Good luck...

• She doesn't put out either.

• WOW, then I don't get it. She may BE hot, but I'd go for someone more feminine, not NECESSARILY girlie, just not being guyish. I could get a guy if I wanted a guy. I want a guy to be like a girl. That aside, I like the girlie N "tomboy" looks (Jeans N tees, hoodies) equally...

• Well usually guys like girlie girls but some guys (like myself) feel more attracted to girls just like you, I personally find it awesome that you can have someone that shares so much similar likes and can spend so much time doing stupid things like videogames and also date. I also don't think wearing t-shirts and jeans is a problem as long as they are not the ones we use lol. But well if you still want your friends notice you I would suggest to try to change the way they see you, let them know you are a girl and tease them, maybe wear some cleveage or tight pants so guys start looking at you and change how they look at you.

• I prefer girlie girls. I don't like girls that are tomboys.

• i like girls who can handle their own. independent girls are hot too.

• We notice a girlie girl first but we are annoyed by girlie girls before we even talk to them! that's me at least...

• Not all girls can be girlie because as you said, it won't suit them. If you ask me, I think tomboyish girls make great friends... I prefer them more. On the other hand, girlie girls make me a little curious.

• curious, how?

• Girlie girls are just way different... I would be curious to know her responses to me... Tomboyish girls are less appreciative too.

• you don't need to be more girllie you just need to show some more intested in the man. I find woman more active when they act like me

• hmmh No I honestly don't think that guys notice girlie girls more, if anything they prlly notice tomboys more since they get along with guys and guys feel comfy around them, but most guys tend to go for the girl girls relationship wise

• sadly yes but not me I notice every girl :]

• no I like a girl who doesn't mind getting her hands dirty

• If you real what a guy to pay attention to you try some sexy shirts and not just t shirts and put on some make up and do your hair and be your self and let him know that you like him and what him to ask you out with out come right and saying flirt with him some of us guy like a girl that are not girlie girls and you don,t have to like ever thing a guy like just because a guy like video games dose not mean you have to find out some of the thing you both like to do you don,t have wear thing that say you what to have sex with him right off the bat wear thing to make him look your way and stay look at you and not some girl walk by you just dress a little you don,t have look like a street walker but look like you know what you what. if they made fun of you wearing a dress and heels you my what to try wearing a dress that make you look sexy and you don,t have to wear high heels to look hot in the dress all the dress is fit you and that it dose not just hang on you and you will get all the guy attention and you my what to try dating older guys in they mid 30 or erlay 40s

• Yeah, but not attreacted to them.

• I notice them right away, and then I ignore them. I like girls that I can definitely relate to, not saying I want a manly girl, but one that I can actually hang out with and share hobbies. You sound perfect imo!

Whatever you do, just stay comfortable. Like the other post from the anonymous girl, think about what kind of guys you will attract. You want yourself a down-to-earth guy, then you shouldn't have to do anything excessive. If you had to, then the guys you attract are just going to be shallow anyway.

• Hmm are you sure this is about style & manners? In my experience, the reasons that keep me from asking out a female friend I get along with are:

- she's not even remotely attracted to me; no signs of interest from her whatsoever

- she's nice and all, but her notions of what a relationship should be are SCARY

- she's taken; this is a given

- she's shown interest, however small, in some other guy; this is such a turn-off...

- she's still in love with her ex

This is all I can think of right now. If none of the above applies to you and you're decent looking, I don't know what's up.

• Is your friend incredibly hot? Does she have a ridiculous body? Because that could be what's driving it. I wouldn't find a girl wearing guys scents and acting like a guy particularly attractive, but if she were really hot, that would MORE than over-ride things.

• She is. She acts more like a guy than most guys I know. She hardly gives guys a chance too.

• So what you saying is that it does not matter what a girl does or acts like. It only matters how she looks.

• Nope. Not saying that at all. I'm saying that if a girl is hot, she's going to get a lot of attention. If she acts like a complete ass, she'll lose that attention pretty quickly. If she's nice, she'll keep that attention.

The mistake I see repeated here again and again is when girls look at a hot girl who has major flaws, but still gets attention and conclude that her FLAWS are drawing attention. They are not. Her hotness is. Imitate her flaws at your peril.

• make it clear you're not a lesbian. by the way, girlie girls just sort of blend into the background

What Girls Said 9

• Take it from my experience. I hang around a lot of guys and they always see me as another "dude" like them, they won't even notice I'm a girl lol. Your actual friends will never look at you differently, sorry:(, but you can manage other guys to look at you. Just try to wear girl tops, blouses, tight jeans (that marks your figure). Try to always have your hair done, a little accesory matching the colour of your blouse is always girly. Points for the make up, but how much of make up? Always always use lipstick; mascara, eye liner, your eyebrows shaped and a good makeup base are always a must on a trying to look more feminine. I hate to say it, but you have re-touch your makeup like every hour if you wanna look decent the whole day. It's OK to look girlie and be as you are now in personality, other guys will look at you doing this.

Also, I would sugest to hang around girls more, you'll see a huge difference,but doing that, you have a better chance of guys looking at you, guys always look at two/three/a bunch of girls passing by.

Hope that helps :)

• I have done all that and it still don't work. I get ignored and the other girls I am with get all the attention.

• sounds like you're attracted to azzholes if they sayd ugly to your face. It wil take time, everything takes time, but you'll meet someone who doesn'tthink you're ugly. On the other hand, hot means big flashy boobs and a nice azz. Think you could "groom" a little on those aspects?

• frienmds who like you will not think of you as a friend.. just depends on ther friendship. I gert hit on by m y friends more than sttrangers.

anyways q a you should not allow anyone to make you feel worthless f*** therm. they don't necessarily have good taste and either way your opinion of yourself comes first./ it will be with you the longest.

• Ok hun, there's a lot of common sense stuff that people have already mentioned about personal appearance and maintenance so I'll not bore you with that. The piece of the puzzle you need for completion is a certain change in attitude. Now to a certain extent I get you, I've been a strange mix of girlie girl and tough girl my whole life, who I am isn't fixed though of course certain things dominate. I live in dresses, statement pieces and heels, I would not go out in jeans and a T-shirt because I would not feel comfy or attractive, yet I also feel comfy getting dirty on a hike through the woods, being wild not giving a damn what people think. Sexy in biological terms means making obvious physiological differences between the man and woman, so you can be sure she will produce healthy babies, so obvs the boobs, hips, longer legs, neonatal facial features (big eyes and lips are characteristic of babies and can be enhanced by make-up, the aim is the appearance of youth and thus fertility), making yourself androgynous removes these differences. I realized long ago its not just about how you look, but how you feel. You have to wear what makes you feel confident and sexy. You have to think to yourself that you are the hottest woman in that room, and believe it else no one else will. Then the way you act must suggest allure, standing with a lean in your hip, displaying your wrists delicately, using the eyes as your ultimate weapon, the marilyn monroe tilt of the head, the list goes on, message me if you want more specific pointers. On the issue of male friends viewing you as one of the guys, I've trained in martial arts most of my life, there were always few girls in the class and these guys had known me a long time as friends with no attraction, I always wore my T-shirt and tracksuit, despite this, at a certain point it became clear that some of these guys now found me sexually attractive in a strong way, let's leave it at that (awkward). It was that change in attitude and self-awareness (and OK the acquiring of a woman's figure) that did it. The most important thing is to be yourself and thus confident, if you're gonna be girlie, do it in a way that feels comfortable to you.

• mmm, most girls are "girlie." Which I would assume gets boring. Then again I'm not a guy. I dress however I want, sometimes in shorts and stockings, other times in fitted caps, boy hoodies and baggy jeans. Guys look no matter how I'm dressed. I think it depends on the girl and how interested you seem to guys. Let them know that you are looking for someone and I'm sure they will flock to date you. :)

• hmm I can see some truth there.I get a lot of stares but hardly any guy ever wants to just "hang out". and they act WAY different around me than around their male friends.

yea I'm defintiely not a tomboy, most of them really don't like me lol

• well they just seem to concider you their friend so they don't not like you but you could dress up a bit I don't wear dresses or sh*t at all I just hang with girls more so your lucky to have guys because honistly they are better they arnt as bitchy as girls are so I don't know what to do but you could try more just don't wear high heels wear some tops that are a bit more dressy instead

• you can be hot and not glrie. I think girlie girls are not ht they're annoying. just my opinion.

• you can be hot and not glrie. I think girlie girls are not hot- they're annoying. just my opinion.

• yes

• Yes guys are first attracted by looks. Girlie girls are usually more attractive since they put more effort into looking good. Nicely applied makeup, pretty looking hair, well taken care of body, and style all helps to make a woman more attractive. Girlie girls look feminine and men are more attracted to feminine women.

Your friend that dresses like a guy but is still hot probably has an exceptionally beautiful face and/or body that guys notice in spite of her style, but if she were to step it up a notch she'd get even more attention than she does now.

You probably got made fun of for wearing heels either because you couldn't walk in them, you werent confident in them and thus came off awkward, or it was so shocking for your peers to see so they cracked jokes because you don't usually do that. But yeah make an effort. Do your hair, stop getting dirty. Change the t-shirt to a cute top. Make the jeans skinny jeans, fitted jeans that flatter you, or a skirt. Make the regular shoes (tennis shoes?) cute flats, heels or boots.

• I do where stuff like that and it don't help. I do know how to walk in heel but only big thick heels which are very hard to find. Usually you will not catch me in with out make up or girlie tops. When I am in a tee is when I am shopping or sitting at home or just to hang out with a friend at their place.