Do you think its cute or creepy when a girl is always looking away (or down)?

i always look away and I can't keep any eye contact with almost any guy (cause I'm shy) do I seem creepy ?

my main purpose of this question is to know if its creepy or not, should I try to change or not
i think I'm too shy and I should try to be a bit more outgoing or I will just end up working somewhere like an all-girls school and I will probably never date

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not creepy -- as many guys have said on many answers, men RARELY see women as "creepy". That is a gal thing. It does, however, give the impression that we're somehow something to be avoided. That's how I feel anyway. If a girl refuses to look at me I start thinking that I'm creeping her out, or she doesn't want to talk to me and is waiting for me to figure it out. If she looks at me but just won't maintain eye contact, I assume she is shy.

If it's something you want to work on, I would suggest first focusing on looking someone in the eye while they're talking directly at you, and likewise looking at them when you're talking directly to them. You don't have to stare, but if you concentrate on the person you're talking/listening to you'll become less and less uncomfortable by eye contact. It'll cease to be something which should be avoided, and instead become something natural in everyday conversation.

Takes time, but it helps.

• thanks I completely understand now what kind of impression it could give.. and I guess I just have to try to talk to guys like I do with girls (the normal kind of eye contact and stuff) will take a while to get used to

What Guys Said 9

• i think its cute lol. I think its more creepy when girls stare stare haha

-if I answered your question/best answer if applicable thx -

• I'll give you best answer if no one else answers in 24 hours (I doubt it)

but lets just wait 24 hours :p if everyone says something very similar to what you've said then you deserve best answer for being first to answer ;]

• why are you giving him the best answer. I gave a better answer. Trust me, most guys find it annoying that girls don't make eye contact.

• Anon said "If they don't look at you much then you cannot really judge whether they like you or not, and therefore many guys won't try to make a move,"

i guess its annoying if you don't know how she feels or what she's thinking its pretty annoying

i never said I will but I would if almost everyone said something on the lines of "its cute--more creepy if stare" if everyone agrees on one thing then it must mean there's only 1 answer if there was only 1 answer he has answered it first

• I think that's annoying because I want to know if a girl likes me or not. I wish girls would stare at us more.

• I never think of a girl as creepy.

I can take looking away as a number of different things. It can be shyness, but I can still tell the girl is interested even if she is shy.

sometimes the girl has a snobby I'm better than everybody else unreachable attitude, and that's why she looks away. I'lll avoid this type of girl at all costs. THis includes girls that gossip to all of their friends about how ugly, fat, bad etc. people are.

And sometimes, it's disinterest or simply not wanting to be bothered.

• I'm not a very confident guy, so it somehow makes me empathize with her a little more, regardless of whether looking away actually means she's not a confident girl.

• it's only creepy if guys do it

• Today I asked same question but its from guys side and still waiting answers but for me nothing wrong in shy girl specially for first dates till know each other more

• I'd go with Cute :D

• Its not creepy, because I'm shy around girls

• If they don't look at you much then you cannot really judge whether they like you or not, and therefore many guys won't try to make a move.

• so its not creepy? its just that you wouldn't know so you'd rather just avoid?

• Yup.

What Girls Said 4

• I was like that many moons ago!

Haha

It's a pain in the ass! Just try to be polite, try to look interested otherwise people will think that either you don't like them, or that you find them boring or that you're worried about something else and can't concentrate on the conversation.

• guys are very unlikely to get creeped out by a girl

• You are just shy, not creepy.

• its' weird. who wants to be stared at by a silent stalker