Prom Dress, long or short?

Okay, so I'm a junior in high school and our junior/senior prom is coming up in April. I have no idea what kind of dress to get! As in, should I get a long dress or a short dress? Also, I am 5'3" with brown hair and brown eyes... any advice helps :) thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• Get a long dress in flattering for your skin tone shade of coral or orange (very big colors for spring). And go LONG with the dress style, it just looks so much classier. For your hair, go for an updo.

Depending on your price points, check out prom store boutiques that will alter the dress for your height, waist and bust or check out stores at the mall like The DEB, Macy's or Marshall's that sell equally as gorgeous dresses for much cheaper.

Good luck finding the perfect dress! Prom is a memorable experience. Have a lovely time. :)

• my prom is memorable but for the wrong reasons. hopefully hers will be better

What Guys Said 3

• OK You can go either, N I've seen girls do so. Shorter dresses are semi formal N a LITTLE more laid back. Long are FORMAL formal N are more the full out dressed up, like for the kind of dance where the guy would wear a tux. Either are great if it's semi-formal, even if the guy's only in a suit. It's just a matter of which is more you and/or the look you want to accheive. Have fun. These dances are special N give lifelong memories...

• prom you wanna stick with long. short dresses are too informal for an even such as prom. the dress is up to you though, I'm just giving you a short/long preference idea

• A body shot would help give you advice. You want to dress to accentuate your best feature. Broadly speaking think, breasts, waist, butt, legs. Which is your best feature? You want a dress that displays it well and draws the eye towards it. Next, of that list ask if you have a "problem area." You want a dress that disguises it. Lastly, think about what color suits your hair, eyes and complexion.

What Girls Said 7

• I say to go with the short dresses to emphasize your legs and make them look longer with a long dress when your average height most of the time make you look short and as for color I think some type of blue like aqua, turquose, pink hot pink fushia or plum perple or maybe a patern/multi color

• Whatever you do, don't go slutty. I personally think long dresses are prettier at prom. Maybe if you live in a hot place like the south, go short. But if you can wear long, go long :) And as a rule of thumb, if you have to ask if it looks slutty, don't wear it. The right dress will feel right, so try on as many as you can!

• At my school, we're a pretty new school so the first year when I was a freshman there were only freshman and sophomores, this year there were three years, and next year there will be all 4 years. But anyways, so we had a sophomore/junior prom this year, and what the girls at my school basically did was - girls who were going without a date wore short dresses, and girls with a date wore long dresses. (:

• Long.

Short prom dresses almost always look tacky and trashy.

• Long dress would be the safe way to go, but short dresses are WAY easier to dance in.

• long, but not too long

• short dress would look best on a short person